During the MWC 2014 held last February in Barcelona Lenovo announced several of its upcoming smartphone devices expected to be launched this year. One such model is the Lenovo S860, a 5.3-inch device that packs a 4,000mAh battery pack, which is now being launched and will be out in the market next week.
The Lenovo S860 will first be sold in the Indian market with pre-orders of the device already starting at the Lenovo online store. The device costs INR21,500 or around US$355. According to Sudhin Mathur, Director-Smartphones, Lenovo India, “We launched the S860 at MWC this year and the smartphone completes our range of products like P780 and S660 that provides users an incredibly long battery life. It was also recognized as one of the best launches from Lenovo at MWC this year.”
- Processor: MediaTek 6582 1.3 GHz Quad Core
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Display/Resolution: 5.3” HD (1280 X 720) IPS; Capacitive touchscreen with 5
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB ROM
- Integrated Comms: WCDMA 2100/900 (3G), GSM 900/1800/1900 (2G); Speed: HSPA+ 21Mbps(DL) / 5.76 Mbps (UL)
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 3.0 HS
- Camera: 8MP rear-facing auto-focused camera with LED and flash, 1.5MP front-facing fixed-focus camera
- Battery: Li-Po 4000 mAh, fixed; Up to 43 hours talk
- Weight: 190g (.41 pounds)
- Dimensions: 149.5 x 77 x 10.3mm, 5.8 x 3.0 x .40 inches
The Lenovo S860 sports a brushed metal exterior giving it a premium feel. Its 720p 5.3-inch display is great for watching videos or browsing the web.
Some of the key features of this device include
- Attractive design with brushed-metal exterior that is resistant to scratches and fingerprints
- Two speakers and a large, 5.3-inch screen provide an enhanced viewing experience
- Equipped with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system, Android’s most popular OS
- 8MP rear camera for sharp and clear photography
- Gesture and motion-based enhancements to user interface for better one
- Dual SIM card capability to store two numbers in one phone
What’s probably one of the best features of this device is its use of a 4,000mAh battery. According to Lenovo this can provide up to 28 days of standby time on a 2G network or up to 40 days on a 3G network. Talk time on a 2G network lasts up to 43 hours while that on a 3G network lasts up to 24 hours on a single charge.
This device certainly has decent features and hardware specs. The only downside is that it will be launched with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of KitKat. Hopefully Lenovo will be releasing an update soon.
There’s no information yet as to when this device will become available in other markets.
via Lenovo India