There are various PC-like devices in the market today using ARM based processors however the upcoming Mi World is probably one device that will stand out. It is being described by its developers as “The next evolution in PCs & Mobile Devices that fits in the palm of your hand & allows you to access your digital world anywhere – with or without the internet.”
Mi World is an all-in-one device that can act as a supercomputer, personal cloud, media server, and even a media streaming center. It allows anyone to watch videos, view photos, play games, open and share files anytime with or without an Internet connection. It has the power of a high end smartphone and unfortunately also shares the same price point. The good news is that it has its own battery making it extremely portable.
- Quad core 2.4GHz processor
- 2 GB DDR3 memory
- Up to 512 GB hot swappable SD RAID storage
- Connect with Wi-Fi (802.11 AC)
- USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS IZat location technology
- Micro-HDMI for output in displays up to 4k
- Video capture
- Streaming playback over Wi-Fi
- 30 hour battery life
Myth Innovations, the company behind this device, says that it will run on a custom version of Android. A custom Linux support is also going to be released this summer. The company also says that it is also planning to bring in Windows as well as OS X virtualized support.
Here are the possible uses for this device
- Buying less powerful, more inexpensive workstations without compromising speed and power.
- Securely sharing all your files, media and applications across any operating system.
- Taking your network on the road: visit a client; go to a conference; or take an afternoon in the park – all without compromising access and without wires.
- Having seamless access to every photo, song, movie, file, game and application on up to 10 devices at a time.
- No tiresome fiddling and configuration on each individual device.
- Taking it on the road with you. The Mi World’s 30-hour battery and secure network mean that the whole family can have access to everything – and without wires.
- Never having to think about what you need before you go. Carry it all on the Mi World and share to any device around you. That impromptu slideshow at Grandma’s just got easier.
Myth Innovations is currently running a campaign over at Indiegogo to fund the completion of Mi World. The target is to reach $100,000 and right now $64,199 has already been raised with 33 more days left in the campaign period.
If you wish to support this campaign a donation of $599 will let you own the Mi World once it gets released this coming June.