While the whole world is eagerly anticipating the unveiling of the high end Galaxy S5, Samsung is not neglecting the lower end of the market as it officially announced a new LTE device. The Samsung Galaxy Core LTE is going to be released in the market soon and has a design similar to the original Galaxy Core with the addition of an LTE modem capable of download speeds of up to 150 Mbit/sec.
According to the company “The Samsung Galaxy Core LTE is the perfect device for the user looking for faster downloading and media speeds than ever before thanks to an advanced LTE experience on the LTE Category 4 network. Equipped with a 1.2GHz dual core processor, the Galaxy Core LTE supports seamless multitasking and faster webpage loading.”
- Network: LTE Cat4
- Processor: 1.2GHz Dual core
- Display: 4.5 inch qHD PLS TFT
- OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean Plus)
- Camera: 5MP rear-facing camera Automatic Focus w/ LED Flash, VGA front
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, Sorenson SparkVC-1, VP 8, MP43, WMV7/8, Recording/Playback 1080p @ 30fps
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, WB-AMR, WMA, FLAC, Vorbis (OGG), PCM, G.711, FM Radio, 3.5mm Ear Jack
- Google Mobile Services: Google+, GTalk, Google Maps
- Connectivity: WiFib/g/n, WiFi-Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth® 4.0, USB 2.0, NFC
- Memory: 1GB RAM ＋ 8GB Internal Memory, microSD up to 64GB
- GPS: A-GPS + GLONASS
- Dimension: 132.9 x 66.3 x 9.8 mm
- Battery: 2,100 mAH
- Services & Features: Samsung Apps, Samsung ChatON, Samsung Kies, Easy Mode, Easy Text (Swiftkey), Motion UI, S Voice, S Translator, S Travel
The Samsung Galaxy Core LTE is perfect for consumers who are looking for a device with an LTE feature that does not cost a lot. It’s hardware specs is similar to most of the low to mid range smartphones in the market today. Its 1.2 GHz dual core processor combined with 1GB of RAM should be sufficient to provide a smooth user experience.
The name of this device will be dependent on the region it will be sold at. Some markets will sell this as the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE while others will sell this as the Galaxy Core 4G.
No pricing or exact release date has been announced yet however it will be available in black or white options and will be sold in countries across Europe and Asia.