Here’s good news for consumers looking to get a Nexus 5. T-Mobile has just dropped the price of the device from $450 over two years without a contract to $396. This can be availed of with no downpayment and $16.50 monthly payments for two years. That’s $54 cheaper than what the carrier was originally selling it for.
The T-Mobile Nexus 5 offer might be a little more expensive than Google’s however consumers won’t have to pay the full price at once. The payment is spread over the course of two years which is definitely going to be easy on the budget and you won’t be tied down to a two year contract.
As a comparison, Google is selling the 16GB version for $349 while the 32GB version costs $399.
Nexus 5 Technical Specifications
- 4.95-inch 16 million color 1080p True HD IPS Plus FullHD capacitive touchscreen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display protection
- Android OS v4.4 KitKat
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset
- 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- 16GB/32GB of built-in storage
- microUSB port, USB host support, USB on-the-go, SlimPort TV-out
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2300mAh Li-Po battery, wireless charging
One of the best reasons to own a Nexus device is that it gets all of the latest Android updates as soon as they are released. This device which is created by LG seems to be similar to the LG G2 however looking at it more closely we could see that it really is different.
In terms of build quality the Nexus 5 has a matte finish which is an advantage since it is not a fingerprint magnet. Its shell is made of plastic instead of metal but it does not feel cheap.
Performance wise, this device offers a smooth multi-tasking experience owing to its quad core processor combined with 2GB of RAM.