The NVIDIA TegraZone service is a place where games that are optimized for Tegra processors could be downloaded from. Initially, only devices that have an NVIDIA Tegra processor inside could access the service but right now NVIDIA has made it available for all Android devices whatever the processor being used.
TegraZone allows consumers to easily search game titles that are optimized for the Tegra platform. Choosing a game is as easy as clicking on it which will then bring up the Google Play Store link of the title.
A new update of the TegraZone App over at the Google Play Store now allows it to be installed on all Android devices running on at least Android 2.2. Aside from exploring the various game titles available users will also be able to get the latest news on their favorite games as well as reviews on various game titles.
The app is being described by the developers as “TegraZone is not intended to replace the purchase, download, or functionality of Google Play, but rather to compliment it by providing a selection of premium games that developers believe will offer an exceptional experience for users of Tegra-powered phones and tablets.”
Some of the features of version 2.9.0 of this app include
- Supports Google Play Game Services – achievements for downloading games, submitting reviews/ratings, and spreading the word about TegraZone games
- Uses Google+ login to personalize your TegraZone experience
- TegraZone Collections will allow highlighting of special interest groups of games by feature, genre, or publisher
- Support for NVIDIA SHIELD and MadCatz MOJO
- Enabled for users of non-Tegra devices so they can learn about Tegra and great Android games
- Minor bug fixes
While this is definitely a good idea for Tegra equipped devices I’m not sure if it will work for other devices. The game experience will not be the same as some CPUs and GPUs may be able to provide a smooth experience while others may not.