The Huawei Ascend P6 S has just been released in China and is an improvement over its predecessor, the Ascend P6. While it is an upgraded version it is actually 0.3 inches thicker while using the same 2000 mAh battery. Some of the notable improvements include a faster processor and a dual-SIM dual-standby feature.
Huawei Ascend P6 S Technical Specifications
- Display: 4.7 inch In-cell display with 1280×720 pixels
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Hisilicon quad-core processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, no MicroSD slot
- OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI 2.0
- Rear Camera: 8MP CMOS Lens with LED flash and auto focus, 1080p FHD video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP, 720p video recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, MicroUSB 2.0, USB OTG
- Network Bands/Mode: GSM/WCDMA, WCDMA: 850/ 900/1700/1900/2100MHz; GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, 3G-WCDMA: Radio Bearer UL/DL: 384Kbit/s, HSPA+: DL data rate / category 14: 21Mbit/s，UL category 6: 5.76Mbit/s, GPRS: Multi-slot classes：Class 10, EDGE: Multi-slot classes：Class 10
- Dimensions: 132.6mm x 65.5mm x 6.48mm
- Weight: 120g
- Battery: 2000mAh Li-polymer
- Price: around $445
The Huawei Ascend P6 S uses the same display as that of the Ascend P6. Both devices have a 4.7 inch display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels and uses the same In-Cell technology. While the Ascend P6 uses a Hisilicon K3V2E quad-core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz the Ascend P6 S uses a Hisilicon quad-core processor (most probably the Hisilicon V9R1) clocked at 1.6GHz. This slight improvement should make it operate faster and handle apps better. Both devices also differ in UI since the older model uses Emotion UI 1.6 while the new model uses Emotion UI 2.0. Both however are still based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
What’s probably the most recognizable improvement is that the Ascend P6 S now has a dual-SIM dual standby (DSDA)feature as opposed to only a dual-SIM feature of the previous model. The DSDA feature allows a consumer to make calls on one SIM while accepting calls on the other SIM.
There are really only a few improvements made on this new model however these few improvements make it worth buying. This model is currently available at Huawei’s online store and is available for use on China Unicorn.