Those eagerly anticipating the release of the 3G WCDMA version of the Xiaomi Mi3 can breathe a sigh of relief now as the device is expected to roll out this coming December 31. This model is expected to work on the China Unicom 3G network as well as other 3G networks in various countries all over the world.
The first Mi3 that was released worked only on China’s TD-SCDMA network. This device used a Quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor. Those who wanted to use this device outside of China were not able to do so due to network incompatibilities.
The upcoming Mi3 3G WCDMA model will not only work on most GSM networks worldwide but it will also sport a Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. This isn’t the regular Snapdragon processor as the device will be using the MSM8974AB variant.
The MSM8974AB has these key features
- CPU: 2.3 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 330 550 MHz
- 2xLPDDR3: 933 MHz
Xiaomi Mi3 3G WCDMA Technical Specs
- Network: GSM 850,900,1800,1900; HSDPA 850,900,1900,2100
- Display: 5-inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 441 ppi pixel density
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 800
- CPU: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal storage: 16/64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 2 MP, [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh
- Dimensions: 144 x 73.6 x 8.1 mm (5.67 x 2.90 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 145 g (5.11 oz)
This device is packed with amazing features such as having a 1080p screen that’s being supplied by LG as well as a powerful processor. Those who are into gaming will notice that 3D intense games won’t have any lag as everything moves smoothly. The display is responsive enough that it can be used even with gloves on.
The camera of this device comes from Sony. While it can’t compete with the camera of the Lumia 1020 it has neat features not found in other devices. One of which is it automatically makes the subjects in the photos look more attractive based on age and gender.
As far as pricing goes the16 GB model will cost 1999 Yuan while the 64 GB version will cost 2499 Yuan.