If you are experiencing the Kies can’t detect Galaxy S3 issue, this article will provide you the solutions that have worked with several people experiencing the problem.
Possible Ways to Fix the Kies Can’t Detect Galaxy S3 Problem
Here are the methods to fix the Kies can’t detect Galaxy S3 issue according to several Android forums:
1. Install Driver Updates
Based on numerous user feedbacks, this solution worked for them:
- Disconnect the Galaxy S3 from the computer by detaching its USB cable.
- Enter Settings
- Go to Developer Options
- Activate USB Debugging
- Reconnect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Let the computer install the needed updates to its drivers.
- After the installation of the driver updates, unplug the Galaxy S3 from the computer again.
- Access Settings once more.
- Proceed to Developer Options.
- This time, disable USB Debugging.
- For the last time, connect the Android Smartphone to the computer.
2. Download and Install Latest Version of Kies
According to the Microsoft Help Page and some users, this solution will fix the Kies can’t detect Galaxy S3 issue:
- Uninstall your current version of Kies located in your computer.
- Search for the latest version of Kies for the Galaxy S3 and download it.
- Look for the most recent Samsung USB drivers for your device.
- Reboot your computer.
- It is important to disconnect your computer from the Internet from this point.
- Install the files that you have downloaded (Kies and Samsung USB drivers)
- After installation of the two files, connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer and allow the installation of the drivers.
- Reconnect your computer to the Internet.
3. Other Ways to Solve Kies Problems
For more issues related to the subject, check out our related article Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cannot Update Firmware Via KIES and apply the solutions enumerated there.
If you have more concerns about Android devices, email us at email@example.com.