Sony’s smaller version of the elegant Xperia Z1 will finally be released in the market this coming December 19 in the Japanese market. An updated posting at the NTT DoCoMo site has revealed that the Sony Xperia Z1 f will be made available on the said date. This model will come in four different colors, lime, pink, black, and white. So far pricing has not been revealed yet.
The Sony Xperia Z1 f shares many similar features as its bigger sibling including a Snapdragon 800 chipset, 20.7MP camera, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and IP55/IP58 dust and water resistance. What it differs in is its display which is 4.3 inches at 720p, an embedded battery of 2300mAh, its dimensions which measures 65 mm × 127mm × 9.4mm, and its weight of 140g.
The international version of this model will be called the Xperia Z1S and is said to be going head to head against the Apple iPhone 5S. There’s no announcement yet made as to when the international version will be released however we are hoping that Sony will make it known this coming CES 2014.
Sony Xperia Z1 f Technical Specifications
- 4.3 inch display 1280 x 720, X-Reality Engine
- dust proof and scratch resistant glass
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Operating System
- Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- Quad Core 2.2 GHz Krait 400 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB ROM
- Extra 64 GB with MicroSD Card
- 20.7 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and Auto Focus
- Sony G Lens with 27 mm wide angle f/2.0 aperture custom 1/2.3″, Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONA image processing engine
- 2 Megapixel front facing camera
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery