For more than a month now owners of the HTC One Mini have been left out of any Android 4.3 updates while its bigger sibling, the HTC One, already got it. The good news is that the Android 4.3 update is now rolling out for this device in several European countries. One of the highlights of this update is the ability to turn off BlinkFeed which can’t be done with the current version.
Software update 2.12.401.1 (630.55 MB)
- Android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.5 update
Video highlights improvements
- Updated interface
- Add soundtracks to videos
- Access recommended news from your social network
- Additional global news sources
- Save articles to read later or offline
- Create custom feeds from new sources including Twitter, YouTube and RSS
- Updated interface
- Embedded music channel with new scenes
HTC may be rolling out the update in stages so if you still don’t see a notification about it on your device then you will just have to wait for it. Alternatively you can also do a manual check by going through your device setting.
Installing the new update
When a new update is available for your HTC One Mini a notification icon will appear on the status bar.
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the system update notification.
- If you don’t want to download the update using your data connection, select Update over Wi-Fi only.
- Tap Download.
- When download is complete, select Install now, and then tap OK.
After the update has successfully installed, your device will automatically restart.
To check for the update manually
- Go to Settings, and then tap About.
- Tap Software updates. HTC One mini checks if updates are available.
If after doing a manual check the update isn’t still available but you want to get it then you might want to head out over to the xda-developers forum where forum member vrvr mirrored the OTA update and also made a system dump of the updated firmware. Getting this update on your device won’t be simple though as it requires an advanced Android user since flashing is involved.