There are lots of external battery options for mobile devices available in the market today however none of them could boast of being crush-proof and retain almost 95% of its charge even if it isn’t used for 6 months. ZENDURE is an external battery that has both these characteristics and even more.
ZENDURE started out as a Kickstarter campaign with a goal of reaching $30,000. The campaign just ended with pledges reaching $216,230 which goes to prove that there are a lot of people out there interested in this product.
This external battery is now ready for pre-order and will ship out starting this December. There are four options to choose from.
- A3 External Battery (9,600 mAh) $49
- A4 External Battery (12,800 mAh) $69
- A5 External Battery (16,000 mAh) $89
- Limited Edition Glow External Battery (17,000 mAh) $99
One interesting feature of this device is that it allows users to charge their devices while the external battery is also charged. This is possible since it uses charge-through technology which isn’t available in other external battery models. A lot of people who have bought external batteries assume that it can charge a device while it is being charged itself which isn’t usually the case.
The ZENDURE is has an 80% efficiency rating as compared to 70% for most other brands. This means that the typical A3 battery that is rated at 9,600 mAh can hold 10% more charge than other 9,600 mAh external batteries.
The A5 external battery model charge capabilities on popular devices is as follows
- Apple iPhone 4, 4S or 5: 8.5 times
- Samsung Galaxy S III: 5.7 times
- Samsung Galaxy S IV: 4.6 times
- Samsung Galaxy Note: 4.8 times
- Samsung Galaxy Note II: 3.9 times
- Amazon Kindle Fire: 2.7 times
- Apple iPad 1 or 2: 1.8 times
- Apple iPad 3 or 4: 1 time
- Apple iPad mini: 2.7 times
- HTC One X+: 5.7 times
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX: 3.6 times
- LG Optimus G Pro: 3.8 times
- Apple iPod Nano 7th Gen: 54 times
- Apple iPod Touch 5th Gen: 11.5 times
- GoPro Hero 3: 11.5 times
- Sony PSP: 6.6 times
If you are looking for an external battery to power up your mobile devices then this product is worth checking out.