There are a lot of two in one devices out in the market today but did you know that there is already a three in one device? Meet the Asus Transformer Book Trio which was announced by the company at this year’s Computex event .This is a device that acts as a tablet, notebook, or even desktop and can switch from Windows 8 and Android operating system.
Those living in France may already purchase this device for 899 Euros or about $1240. The device will also be coming to the Japanese market this coming November 2 and will be priced at 139,800 yen or about $1430 US. The device will also be making its way to the US market although the exact date has not been revealed yet.
The Asus Transformer Book Trio comes with a detachable keyboard. When used as a tablet a user simply has to take out the keyboard and the device automatically runs Android. Attaching the keyboard transforms it into a notebook and switches on Windows 8. A user can also connect an external monitor to the device making it act as a desktop.
Asus Transformer Book Trio Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2, Windows 8
- Display : 11.6-inch 16:9 IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- Processor: Intel Z2560 1.6GHz processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Built-in storage: 16 GB
- Storage expansion: microSD, microSDHC
- Connectivity: 802.11n single-band, External cable supports10/100Mbit Ethernet, Bluetooth 3.0
- Camera: Rear Camera: 5MP with auto-focus & 1080p video recording, 720p HD front camera
- Keyboard: 268mm frameless backlit chiclet keyboard
- Interface: 1 x micro-USB, 1 x microSD card, 1 x audio jack combo, 1 x USB 2.0 port in docked mode
- Audio: B&O ICEpower audio system Digital mic
- Battery: Li-Polymer 19Wh
Asus says that in tablet mode the device weighs at 1.5 pounds and in PC station mode it weighs about 2.2 pounds. When used as a laptop it weighs less than 4 pounds. The device runs for at least 5 hours while in using Windows and 13 hours while on Android.
Files are easily accessible between operating systems and users can continue browsing the web in while detaching the keyboard picking off where they left.
This is definitely an interesting device since it offers more flexibility and allows it to be used in various configurations.