The Sony Xperia Z1, also known as the Honami, is one of the company’s most powerful smartphone to date that combines beauty and functionality. This model, which has just recently been released in the market, is reportedly suffering from a headset bug. Several people who own the device report that they are having compatibility issues with the bundled Sony MH1c headset.
When the MH1c headset is connected to the device it works just fine. The problem occurs when the button of the headset is pressed. This brings up the Smart Connect notification which can be seen on the display. Users will not be able to change the volume or answer calls. Some owners of the device tried to install different LiveKey apps but none of them were able to set the + as volume up, – as volume down, or the middle button as Walkman. The headset however works just fine when connected to other Xperia devices such as the Xperia Z and the Xperia S.
If you own the Xperia Z1 and are experiencing this problem then you might want to try updating the firmware of your device to 14.1.G.1.534 which has just rolled out. Several owners of this model reported that as soon as they got the update the headset bug got fixed. This latest firmware update follows 14.1.G.1.531 which was released a few days ago.
Is the latest update not rolling out on your device yet? You might want to try manually flashing it using the FTF and Flashtool.
Sony Xperia Z1 Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with 42Mbps HSPA; 150Mbps LTE
- 5″ 16M-color 1080p capacitive touchscreen Triluminos display,441ppi pixel density, X-Reality engine
- Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset
- Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 20.7MP autofocus camera with a 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor and F/2.0 Sony G Lens
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- IP 58 certification – dust resistant and water resistant
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 16GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 3,000mAh battery