The Sony Xperia Z1 is set to be released in Europe next week with those who plan to but the device already having the option to root it. Several Chinese users have already rooted this model using a tool called 360-Root. It’s a simple to use tool that is pretty much straightforward. The only problem though is that it is in Chinese and not in English. Another tool that can be used is vroot.
A member at the xda-developers forum, krabappel2548, has been kind enough to show the correct procedure in using 360-Root.
- First you will need to download the 360-Root program from here
- You’ll get a prompt about needing to close the following conflicting service before continuing: adb.exe
- Make sure USB-Debugging is turned on in the smartphone (usb-debugging in settings- developer options)
- Connect smartphone to PC
- Open 360 Root again, at this time the upper left corner shows a red font but it isn’t to root
- Click the green button in the bottom right corner, this button is to start rooting your device
- Progress bar will advance automatically, it can restart a few times
- When it finished a message will appear on top that says “Congratulations, rooting was successful”
The Sony Xperia Z1 which is codenamed Honami is a quad core, full HD device that aims to stand out from its competition by being able to resist water and dust. The device can withstand the occasional beer spills at parties or even survive being under 1 meter of water without getting damaged. The device is definitely more advanced than the previously released Xperia Z.
- Display: 5″ 16M-color 1080p (441ppi) capacitive touchscreen TFT Triluminous display with X-Reality and OptiContrast
- General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, penta-band UMTS/HSPA, 100 Mbps LTE
- OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800
- CPU: quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16 GB (expandable up to 64 GB via microSD)
- Camera: 20.7MP camera with 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor and Sony G Lens, F/2.0 aperture; 2MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery non-user removable
- Miscellaneous: IP58 certified