MoDaCo.SWITCH is a great concept that allows anyone to switch between the TouchWiz interface of the Galaxy S4 or the stock Jelly Bean ROM. The device will basically have two ROMs (Stock and Google Play Edition) while maintaining one set of data which is accessible by both ROMs. This means that your contacts, photos, and other data can be accessed by you whichever ROM you are using.
Right now the beta version of MoDaCo.SWITCH For Galaxy S4 has been released. The zip files needed to test it have been emailed to Indiegogo backers. Everyone else who wishes to test this will have to wait for the stable release which should arrive soon.
If you are an Indiegogo backer and have received the zip files here’s how to get it on your device.
Note: This is for GSM devices only and has been tested on European Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 originally running the PDA: I9505XXUBMGA / I9505OXXBMG3 / I9505XXUBMGA.
- I9505XXUBMGA / I9505OXXBMG3 / I9505XXUBMGA ROM for Odin – DOWNLOAD
- Odin 3.07 – DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
- Beta 1 install zip part 1 – link sent via e-mail to testers
- Beta 1 install zip part 2 – link sent via e-mail to testers
- Optional SuperSU 1.51 root package – DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
- Optional but recommended – flash your device to the ROM linked above using Odin
- Optional if you have a recovery installed but recommended – flash your device with TWRP using Odin
- Copy the required zip files to /sdcard on your device
- Power off your device by holding down the power button until it turns off
- Enter recovery by pressing the power button while holding the volume up button
- Select the recovery image’s option to wipe data (hightly recommended)
- Select the recovery image’s option to install zip and select the SWITCH part 1 zip
- Select the recovery image’s option to install zip and select the SWITCH part 2 zip
- Select the recovery image’s option to install zip and select the root zip (if required)
- Select the recovery image’s option to reboot (important: if prompted to fix root select ‘Do Not Fix’)
It is highly recommended that a wipe be performed before the installation and not after.
One the Rom is installed and booted up you will be complete a setup wizard to make the switch to the Google Play Edition.