Sometimes, there is a rare glitch that deletes all the messages or people in your contact list. It is sad to note that Samsung Galaxy S4 has no native app or default feature that would let you recover deleted messages or contacts.
However, there are apps that would let you restore the messages that were erased in your device. One of them is Dr. Fone. It is very easy to use and effective too.
Here is how to use the app:
1. Using your computer, download and install the Dr. Fone app.
2. After installation, run the app by clicking its icon in your desktop.
3. Then, connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using its USB cable. Make sure that no other Android phone management tools active in your device while doing so as it would disrupt the whole process.
4. Once your computer recognizes your device, a new window will pop up showing you some options. Just close it.
5. Next, click the green Start button in the window.
6. Wait for the initialization procedure to finish.
7. When the initialization process finishes, you will see some links to on the left side of the window such as messaging, contacts and others. If you want to restore your SMS or emails, just choose Messaging. Choose contacts to restore the erased entries of your phonebook.
8. To narrow down your list, you can click on the switch that says “Only display deleted items”.
9. Just check the box next to the Name column to choose all the deleted items or click the individual boxes located beside each app to select the data that you wish to recover.
10. Click the blue Recover icon on the lowest corner of the screen on the right.
11. Select the directory where you want to place your restored files.
12. Lastly, go to the directory where you placed the deleted files and click the file there to see the deleted items.
For More Questions
If you have problems with your Samsung Galaxy S4, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help find solutions for them. Just be detailed as possible so we can easily understand what your real problems are.