If you’ve played a Worms game before then prepare to experience playing it in a new way as the Android version of this game allows you to take advantage of touch controls. Team 17 has just expanded the release of Worms 2: Armageddon on Google Play to cover more territories. Previously it was only available for those living in Canada.
Worms 2: Armageddon was first released in 2009 for the XBLA and is now available for download at Google Play for $5. You will need a device running on at least Android 2.2 as well as a storage space of 89 MB.
If you aren’t familiar with this game it’s actually a turn based strategy game where you get to fire artillery at your enemy. Battle takes place in a randomly generated 2D environment where you get to control a couple of worms that have access to big weapons. Your aim is to deal as much damage as possible to your opponents and wiping them out of the playing field. Although you have access to all sorts of weapons it takes more than pulling the trigger to win the game as it involves a lot of physics. You’ll need to take into consideration the angle as well as the distance of your target.
Some of the features of the Android version of the game are
- Authentic Worms gameplay
- Practice mode available where you can try out weapons against A.I. dummy worms
- 30 Single Player missions across 5 new themes
- Body Count Mode
- online Wi-Fi multiplayer support
- Pass-and-Play with hotseat local multiplayer action for 2-4 players
- New weapons and utilities
- Classic Worms weaponry
- Personalise the look of your team
- 12 different Game Styles including new modes Fort Mode and Crazy Crates and the return existing modes Easy, Normal, Pro, ‘Bazooka and Grenade’, Melee, Gun Show, Heads Up, Lightside, Darkside and Sudden Death. You can even create your own Custom Game Style!
If you’re looking for all-out fun then I suggest getting this game. It would also be much better if you can install this on your tablet