If you are a big fan of Facebook then you’ll be pleased to know that the social networking giant has finally released the Facebook Home app over at Google Play. Don’t be surprised if your device isn’t seeing it yet as it’s being released gradually so some devices will have access to the app while some won’t.
So far the app is only available for use in the U.S. and only on selected devices. The device list is as follows
- HTC First
- HTC One (officially supported, but not yet available)
- HTC One X
- HTC One X+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (officially supported, but not yet available)
Installing the app can easily be done by downloading it on your device and opening it.
For those whose devices aren’t on the compatibility list then you’ll have to wait a little bit longer for the app to become available.
A way to use Facebook Home on the Nexus 4 and possibly any other non-compatible device was discovered by Krzysztof Bryk. This method requires that you manually install the three .apk files required to run Facebook home and do a little editing on the build.prop file. If you are up to the challenge then you might want out check out the procedure.
Facebook Home is the new interface from the social network that allows you to easily access your Facebook account on your Android device. You’ll just need to glance on your phone to view updates from your friends, there’s the new chat heads feature and it comes with bigger and bolder notifications.
Some of the features of this new app include
- Cover Feed: As soon as you turn on your phone, you see posts from your News Feed, so you always know what your friends are up to
- Chat Heads and Messenger: Install Messenger to send and receive texts and Facebook messages from the same spot.
- Notifications: Notifications from Facebook appear right on your home screen and stick around until you need them. Open a notification with a tap or clear them away to see your cover feed.
- App Launcher: Launch your favorite apps and post to Facebook from the same spot
via google play