Sony’s latest flagship device is just one of the many Android devices that is currently affected by a security flaw that lets anyone bypass the lock screen. It’s really amazing how easy it is to access the Sony Xperia Z (C660X) even with its lock screen activated as shown to use by Scott Reed, a tech enthusiast.
How To Bypass Sony Xperia Z Lock Screen
- Hit the ‘Emergency call’ button when the lock screen appears
- Enter the appropriate codes (*#*#7378423#*#*) to enter the service menu
- click on Service tests
- click on NFC
- click on NFC Diag Test
- Hit the Home button
- You can now browse the phone as normal
Once access is gained on the device you can access it normally except for changing the lock screen code since this requires you to input the correct passcode or pattern.
Sony has yet to address this concern which is definitely a serious security issue. The danger lies when you lose your Xperia Z or leave it unattended in a public place. Anyone will be able to access information stored on the device.
The company has just recently released an update that addresses the sudden death issue affecting most of the Xperia Z devices. The update with build number build number is 10.1.A.1.434 was rolled out recently and is available via OTA or through the PC companion app.
The Sony Xperia Z is the company’s latest flagship Android smartphone that has several great features which includes being waterproof and dustproof.
Sony Xperia Z Technical Specifications
- 5″ 16M-color 1080p (1080 x 1920 pixels) capacitive touchscreen TFT with Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- Adreno 320
- Qualcomm APQ8064
- 2GB RAM
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 16GB storage, microSD card slot
- 13 megapixel auto-focus camera , Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps with HDR, LED flash, 2.2MP front-facing camera