Sony came up with its new flagship device Xperia Z last month which is direct rival to iPhone 5, Galaxy SIV and HTC One. So far the sale numbers have shown that Xperia Z is really doing good and why not? With its sleek design, IP57 certified dust and water resistant body it clearly has an edge over other smartphones in the market. Recently some of the users reported that their Xperia Z turns off randomly and they were unable to start it again. While some of the lucky users were successful in turning their phone on by hard-resetting (power button + volume up button), this method did not work for all the users.
Sony has now released an update for these users which according to Sony will fix the sudden death issue on Xperia Z. Sony is rolling out the new update via PC Companion app and over-the-air and if you did not get the update yet, you should keep trying both the update methods.The built version of this update is 10.1.A.1.434 while the Android version remains the same 4.1.2 Jelly Bean along with the same Kernel 3.4.0.
Here are the key features of Xperia Z for those who are still unfamiliar with this beauty:
- IP57 certified – dust and water resistant body
- Weight: 146 g
- Size: 7.9 mm
- Screen: 5.0 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Memory: 16 GB built in. (MicroSD card supported upto 64GB)
- Processor: 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: 13.1 Megapixel Camera with LED flash
- OS: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery
- Colours: White, Black and Purple