One of the best 10 inch Android tablets available aside from the Nexus is the Sony Xperia Tablet Z which was shown at the recently held Mobile World Congress. While the global launch of this device is expected on the second quarter of this year, Japan will be the first country to have it on the market.
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z with LTE can be pre-ordered on March 9 and is expected to be released in March 22. NTT DoComo will be the carrier of this device which will retail at 85,470 Yen or roughly $906.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z Technical Specifications
- 10.1 inch 1920×1200 shatter proof and scratch-resistant display (224 ppi)
- 6.9 mm thin and water resistant up to one meter for 30 minutes
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM and Adreno 320 GPU
- 32GB internal storage with microSD card support
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2.2 megapixel front-facing camera with 1080p video support
- Available with LTE or WiFi-only
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 6,000 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z was a head turner at this year’s Mobile world Congress as it grabbed the attention of lots of people. Its thin profile of only 6.9 mm is what will immediately catch your attention. Despite being thin it is in no way fragile at all as it can survive to be submerged under water up to one meter for 30 minutes. The display is even shatterproof and scratchproof.
In terms of hardware specifications the device is impressive. Its use of a quad core processor combined with 2 GB of RAM will definitely make apps run smoothly.
Other notable extras include audio enhancements which should please any audiophile. The device comes with xLoud and S-Force surround technology that will make listening to music a joy.