What’s better than owning an HTC One? How about owning an HTC One Developer Edition? HTC has announced in their official blog that the HTC One Developer edition will soon be available in the US. This device will be sold with its SIM and bootloader unlocked so developers can tinker around with it.
HTC One Developer Edition Technical Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 64 GB of storage
- SIM and bootloader unlocked
- Open APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy, Infrared, and more
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- Two dual-membrane microphones for recording
- Multiple frequency compatibility: HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)
The device will be available in limited quantities as soon as the HTC One gets released in the US. The price of $649 is a small amount to pay for developers who want to build and test out their apps.
The HTC One is the latest flagship model of the company that is expected to be released in the US this month. Most of the major carriers such as AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile will be carrying this device.
The device uses a 4.7-inch full HD Super LCD 3 display that’s one of its highlights. It’s going to be the first device that supports full HD on a display that is less than 5 inches. Needless to say, the images on screen come out very crisp and lifelike. The use of Super LCD 3 technology is a good move of the company since it allows for vibrant and natural looking colors.
HTC One Spec Sheet
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Sense 5
- 4.7″ 16M-color 1080p (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super LCD 3 capacitive touchscreen, 469ppi pixel density; Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB storage
- 4 megapixels (ultrapixels) rear camera
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing
The 32 GB version of this model will be sold at a subsidized price of $199.99 which will come with a two year contract on most carriers.