Here’s good news for all of you still contemplating on buying the Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Amazon has just announced that they have reduced the price of the device in the US to $269 down from $299. This is for the Wi-Fi only version with 16 GB of storage space.
The company announced “We’re thrilled with customer reaction to Kindle Fire HD 8.9”. Customers tell us they love our large-screen version of Kindle Fire HD for web browsing, email, gaming, watching TV shows, reading magazines, and more,” said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “As we expand Kindle Fire HD 8.9” to Europe and Japan, we’ve been able to increase our production volumes and decrease our costs. Across our business at Amazon, whenever we are able to create cost efficiencies like this, we want to pass the savings along to our customers.”
If you are interested in the 4G LTE model then you’ll get even more savings since its price has also been reduced to $399 down from $499. That’s a $100 savings you will be making.
Amazon has also announced that they have expanded the availability of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 to more international markets. The device can now be bought in UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan. Buyers in Japan for instance were able to pre-order the device as early as last month with an expected shipping date of March 12.
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Technical Specifications
- 8.9” display (1920×1200, 254 ppi), with rich color and deep contrast
- TI OMAP 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Custom Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers
- Over 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks.
- The most popular apps and games.
- Built-in dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for ultra-fast web browsing and streaming
- Front-facing HD camera
- 10 hours of battery life.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime