Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Hangs, Lags and Reboots
The Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is not a perfect device. Just like other smartphone in the market today, the phone also has a tendency to slow down in its performance that may lead to hanging, freezing, lagging and occasional reboots. Fortunately, these problems can be solved by basic troubleshooting steps.
Soft Reset First
Prior to doing some troubleshooting on the device, it is recommended you do a soft reset first.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Tap on Power off on the screen, then confirm it by tapping on OK.
- Wait for your phone to be completely turned off.
- Open the back panel and remove the battery for a minute. This will clear your device’s memory.
- Re-insert the battery and turn it on again.
Just after this procedure, try to see if your Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is still lagging, hanging or freezing and perhaps wait for it to automatically reboot.
Check Running Apps
One of the main reasons why an Android smartphone lags and perform poorly is when there are tons of apps running in the background. All you need to do is force close those apps:
- Tap and hold the Home button.
- You will be able to see applications running in the background just after doing the first step.
- Tap and drag each application to the left to close them.
- After you’ve forced close running apps, try to see if your device still lags.
- It is also advisable you clear caches and data applications you often use especially for bigger apps.
- To do so, go to Apps, tap and hold the app’s icon, drag it into App info.
- From there, you can Clear Cache, Clear Data and even Uninstall it.
Another reason a device performs poorly is when there is not enough space left in the memory. So, you have to let go of the apps you’re not using anymore.
- Tap on Apps from the Home screen.
- Find apps you don’t use anymore.
- Tap and hold on the icon.
- Drag the icon to App info.
- Before you actually hit that Uninstall button, hit Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons first. In that way, all cached data and personal settings will be removed before an app is uninstalled.
Have other Issues with your Samsung Galaxy S3? please share with us either via email at [email protected], or simply leave a comment below.
But the best way to reach us would be to post your questions or comments on our forum at forums.thedroidguy.com. Simply register for an account and post your issues or questions, we will try our best to answer as much as we possibly can.