After the launch of the Lumia 720 in MWC, Nokia has added one more device to their Lumia lineup, Lumia 520. The device would be the cheapest Lumia with windows 8 in the market right now and is mainly targeted at budget customers. Hence, if you want to experience the high end features that you get on Lumia 920 and 820 phones at a budget price, Lumia 520 would be the perfect candidate for you.
The phone comes with a 1Ghz dual core processor with 512 MB Ram. Although the 512 Mb Ram might disappoint some users, what more can you expect at this price? It has 8GB inbuilt memory with 7GB free skydrive storage. Talking about its display, the phone sports a 4 inch WGVA IPS screen with the same super sensitive technology used in the Lumia 920. Hence, you can operate the phone with your fingernails, car keys or any other thing for that matter. With a 1430 mAh battery, you may feel like the phone won’t last a day. However, with the efficient Windows 8 operating system, the phone can run for almost 9 hours on a single charge.
The most striking feature of a Lumia device is its camera. And this doesn’t change in case of Lumia 520. Nokia’s digital 5 megapixel auto focus lens on this phone can give tough competition to any other phone camera in this price bracket. And with the availability of smart shoot, cinematograph, panorama etc, you are sure to have a good time with its camera.
Along with these, you get the regular HERE DRIVE, HERE Maps, HERE transit as your navigational guide. You also get free Nokia Music and the option to upgrade to Nokia Music plus for 3.99 Euros a month, if you want something more than Nokia’s regular music streaming. Other features include connectivity options like Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi b/g/n, integrated A GPS, usb 2.0 etc.
As expected the device will come in red, cyan, yellow and black colors. One thing to note is that these back covers are replaceable and hence you change the shells to whatever color you want.
The device would be shipping from March 2013 to countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. Also, for all those anticipated Nokia fans in US, T-mobile would be launching this device soon in the country.
Looks like Nokia is finally doing something right by offering high end features at a budget price.
Full Technical Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors,
2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
- Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
- Talk time: up to 9.6 hours (on 3G)
- Standby time: up to 360 hours
via Nokia Blog