With the launch of the Chromebook pixel by Google, the company was bound to release an update for their OS. Now, Google has finally updated their Chrome OS aiming to deliver an excellent software package to the already powerful ChromeBook Pixel. The update will be rolled out to all the Google Chromebooks within a few days. Sadly Samsung Chromebooks will not be receiving this update.
The OS will be updated to the stable channel 25.0.1364.87 for all Chrome OS devices excluding Samsung ChromeBooks. The new release will fix a number of bugs and will add more features and functionality to the Chrome run device.
Some of the features of the new update are as follows:
- The new release will support HTML5 Content Decryption Module with WebM
- Flash will be updated to version 11.6.602.169
- Now, chromebooks will support for multiple monitors
- App launcher can be re ordered according to your need
- The OS will automatically position your windows to show more when you have not customized it
- Chrome Os will now support encrypted media extensions
- Now accessibility option will be displayed on the system tray
- Tap dragging feature is incorporated as a user preference
- The accessibility options have been improved in many areas like the login page, status area and out of box experience
- The update contains many other crash and bug fixes, security enhancements, improvements etc
Also, they have found a workaround for the known bug that shows the captive portal overlay but does not hide it when you log out and add a new user to the WiFi captive portal .
The simple solution to this problem is to log out and log in again.
via Chrome Releases