Motorola’s Photon Q 4G LTE on Sprint’s network is now getting a very welcomed firmware update via OTA. Sadly, it isn’t Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as you were probably hoping. However, the firmware upgrade bumps up the version number to 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10. The update brings some better functionality to the table along with a few different important bug fixes. Bug fixes are always welcome.
- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone
- Select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot
- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct
- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbo
- Seamless international text messaging
- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application
- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser
- Improved MMS functionality
Sprint has said that the upgrade will be rolling out in stages, so if you don’t see the update on your phone right away, keep checking back, it shouldn’t take too long to reach you. On the other hand, you can always head on into Settings > System Updates > Update Motorola Software. That will retrieve the new firmware manually, so you don’t have to wait for the push from Sprint. Once you got the new firmware update on your smartphone, let us know what you think! If you’ve seen any notable difference let us know as well!