If you are a Motorola fan and have been waiting for the RAZR HD or the RAZR MAXX HD, then even the sight of Motorola’s logo would enrage you. Well, even this news is also not about the two high end devices who have been waiting for the devices from a long time. But today, the company has teamed up with the Japanese wireless carrier, SoftBank, to release the mid range RAZR M. Yes, if you are a Japanese Motorola and Android fan who does not want to invest too much on high end smart phones, this RAZRZ M is a very good option for you. Read the press release after the break for more details.
Motorola Mobility Unveils Motorola RAZR M™, the Full Screen Smartphone that Fits in Your Hand
Impossibly compact with superfast speed and unstoppable power on the SoftBank 4G1 network
TOKYO – October 9, 2012 – Motorola Mobility Japan Inc. today announced the launch in Japan of Motorola RAZR M™, a full-screen smartphone that packs a 4.3-inch screen into a lightweight and compact design that fits in the palm of your hand. It will be available within the year exclusively from Softbank Mobile Corp.
Motorola RAZR M pushes its high-definition Super AMOLED Advanced 4.3-inch screen to the edge with an extremely slender bezel. The border you typically find on smartphones is virtually, in a word, gone. The big screen in a compact body makes it much easier to carry and type emails or text messages on Motorola RAZR M. You can also watch movies and YouTube™ videos and browse the Web using Chrome™ for Android on a wider screen.
With the blazing data speed of the SoftBank 4G network, you’ll forget what it’s like to wait as you download files or enjoy video chat and streaming media. And although it’s a light 128g, Motorola RAZR M still packs all the power of a 2,000mAh2 battery, so you can stay connected all day long. With Motorola Mobility’s exclusive SMARTACTIONS™, you can easily create rules that will automatically optimize phone settings based on time of day or location, so you get even more out of your battery. SMARTACTIONS can even learn from your behavior and make suggestions, so you spend more time doing what you want and less time worrying about your settings or battery.
Motorola RAZR M also brings the best Android™ experience with the latest Google services pre-installed, including the high-speed Chrome™ browser; Google Play™ with access to more than 600,000 apps, games and movies; and Google Maps™ with voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation.
Pick up Motorola RAZR M and be amazed at just how much can fit into the palm of your hand.
Motorola RAZR M Key features and specifications:
- Compact design at 60.9mm(x) x 122.5(y) x8.3(z)mm (8.8mm for white color)
- Superfast speed of SoftBank 4G (Download speed at up to 76 Mbps, upload speed at 10 Mbps)
- Faster web pages loading and easier multi-tasking thanks to a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM memory
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash for 1080p HD video recording and 300,000-pixel front-facing camera for video chatting
- FeliCa for O-Saifu® (wallet cell phone) compatibility
- Built with protective materials like Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 for scratch resistance
- DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber(only for black color) and a splash-guard coating
- 8GB on board, expandable up to 40GB with optional microSDHC card
- Pre-loaded applications including Chrome for Android, Google Play, Google Maps™, Google+™, YouTube™ and more
- Available in two colors: black and white
- Long-lasting battery performance: High-capacity battery of 2,000mAh2, the SMARTACTIONS, the app that helps extend the smartphone’s already-long battery life
- Bluetooth® Class 1, version 4.0 EDR
- Interactive Circles Widget allows quick access to notifications, weather, time and more
- Quick Settings on the home screen that make it easy to manage the volume profile
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and more Business-ready features like Security and encryption compatibility, the support for multi-VPN and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®
For more information on the product, please visit https://www.razr-m.jp.
Motorola RAZR M will be available on the SoftBank 4G network. For more details on timing and pricing, please go to www.softbank.jp.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people’s lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
Motorola Mobility Japan is a subsidiary of Motorola Mobility.
Kaori Makihira / Yohei Kawakami
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Japan
Office: (81) 3 5793 2365 / 2389
Source: Android Authority