Acer doesn’t have many good Android phones in their lineup. Back in July, SIM swappers silently applauded when Acer Liquid Gallant Duo was quietly put up for pre-order by Expansys UK, though the retailer removed the device from its list a bit later and made it unavailable for purchase.
Acer Liquid Gallant Duo isn’t exactly a special phone, in fact it’s a “me too” Android offering from Acer, but again, not all users require the extra computing horse power which phones like Samsung Galaxy S III deliver, and it’ll surely appeal buyers who don’t have deep pockets and want a smartphone with support for dual SIM.
The Gallant Duo, a budget-friendly dual SIM Android device, was slated to launch sometime in August, but there’s no word about launch date yet and it will most likely hit the market by mid-September, but there is a good news for those who did envy Acer’s Liquid Gallant Duo.
For those liked Acer’s Liquid Gallant Duo, but didn’t fancy having dual SIM capability and the added cost surrounding it, the 4.3 incher will also come with a “sibling”, the Acer Liquid Gallant Solo. As you might have guessed from the name, the Solo variant will likely come with identical internals as the Duo counterpart, minus the Dual SIM capability.
• CPU speed: Single-core 1 GHz MediaTek MT6575 processor
• Platform: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
• Network: HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100 MHz / Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz / (Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent)
• Dual SIM
• Memory: Internal phone storage: 4GB / RAM: 1GB / microSD slot (up to 32GB)
• Display: 4.3-inch touch screen with qHD resolution
• GPS: Internal GPS antenna
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
• Connectivity: Bluetooth® 3.0 + EDR / Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 3.5 mm stereo audio jack / Standard micro-USB
• Camera: 5 megapixel camera, LED flash
• Battery: Li-ion battery 1500 mAh
• Weight: 145 grams with battery
• Dimensions: (LxWxT): 129 x 65,9 x 9,9 mm
With those specs, the phone isn’t going to chart toppers, but that’s not what it’s targeting either. Existence of single SIM version became apparent today when Acer released the manual on their website by mistake. It’s not known whether the manual release was a slip up or just done for media hype, because Liquid Gallant isn’t a phone that’s on Android most wanted list, so why not get some free advertisement when they can. The launch is near and the device will see the light of day very soon. It’s also possible that Acer may launch this device at IFA 2012 which will be happening in Berlin.
It’s good that phone will sit confidently at the ICS table, but pricing will be the deciding factor if the phone will be popular or not, nevertheless, it’s an interesting new assault on the low end market. Previously, Expansys had put up this phone on pre-order for £149 (converts to around $230), but the Solo should cost a bit less considering its lack of second SIM slot. It would be reasonable to expect the Solo to come with a $200 price tag. With American carriers, you may fetch it for a lot less.
Anyone excited to buy this Acer Liquid handset when it becomes available? Check in with us below.
You can access the manual from the official website over here.