in ,

Google finally releases Android 4.1 source code

The wait is finally over. Google has finally released the source code for its latest ‘dairy product’- Jellybeans, coined as Android 4.1- which was released last month and with some minor tweaks to ICS- Android 4.0, Google claims to have increased the performance significantly.

Jean-Baptiste M. “JBQ” Queru, technical lead of the Android Open Source Project, Google commented, “We recommend that you create new clients, even if you choose to work in the master branch. That apparently makes your client smaller and faster to sync. Proprietary binaries for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus are up for grabs. Libraries for Nexus S and Xoom would be released very soon.”

If Google has to be believed, Jellybeans would be the most idealistic OS on smartphones so far. The interface has been vastly improved and the greatest potential drawback of Android- battery backup has been tackled nattily. The newer version of OS apparently saves the indispensable battery by lowering down CPU throttle when it’s idle and boosts the performance when you unlock the screen.  Catch the in-depth analysis of Jellybeans and Project Butter, just in case you missed it.

What does this mean for you?

Last week, we reported about a CyanogenMod, a custom operating system which is keen on bringing the Jellybean experience to devices which run CyanogenMod 10. The progress however to bring Jellybeans had been halted due to unavailability of the source code. The project can now be reinstated following the Android 4.1 source code release.

We expect CyanogenMod 10 to bring the Android 4.1 Jellybean experience earlier than Google. Android fragmentation has been an issue which drives some serious concerns from app developers and users worldwide. Ice Cream Sandwich- Android 4.0 update has reached only 10% of the total Android-using audience. It has been used as a potential marketing strategy and Google doesn’t look tad interested in the rest 90%.

Well, at least we are. Get CyanogenMod for your device, here.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *

FCC Leaks Suggest New Sony Tablet

Verizon’s HTC Rezound Getting Ice Cream Sandwich From the End of July