We never expected this, but yet it is here and we love it. One of the most played and loved multiplayer first person shooter game ever, Counter Strike is now available on Android, iOS and the Web.
It is important to note here that the game is actually called Critical Strike Portable and it is not actually developed by the creators of Counter Strike, Valve Corporation, but by a Finnish game developing company, Studio OnMars.
Critical Strike Portable is basically a different title altogether, which emulates the Counter Strike experience on an Android or an iOS device.
The game also does not share Counter Strike’s Half-Life graphics engine, but the Unity engine instead. The result is a game with a much better graphics than the PC designed Counter Strike. According to those who have already played it has an “exciting gameplay, smooth controls and vivid pictures”
Critical Strike Portable brings the following features on a smartphone:
- Cross-platform 3D Multiplayer FPS MMO game (Local/Online) between web, iOS and Android!
- Single player mode: Player vs. Bots
- Smooth and responsive customizable touch controls
- All popular Game Types (Classic, zombie survival, Team Death Match, ect.)
- Customizable server settings: Player HP, player speed, zombie difficulty, modes: matrix mode, night mode, space mode, ect.)
- Free to Play (F2P)
- Dozens of unique maps (and more added continuously)
- Build and upload your own maps with Unity 3D
The game download page on Google Play also lists those phones which have faced some problems while running the game and says it is looking into it.
- Samsung Galaxy 3 (GT-I5800)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570)
- Samsung GT-S5300
- Samsung GT-P6210 (GT-P6210)
- Samsung Replenish (SPH-M580)
- Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660)
- Samsung GT-I8150B (GT-I8150B)
- Sony Ericsson R800at (R800at)
- Sony Ericsson LT18i (LT18i)
- Sony Ericsson WT19i (WT19i)
- HTC HTC EVO 3D X515m
- LGE Optimus 2X (p990)
Head over to Google Play to download the game