Have you ever received a phone call and had the dreaded, “blocked call” on the caller ID? While it’s tempting to pick up, it may be someone you don’t want to talk to. Wouldn’t it be great if you could unblock call ID and know whose calling? Well, with a service called, TrapCall, this is now possible.
How TrapCall Works
TrapCall will unmask the caller ID no matter how the other party is calling. This can be through a blocked or restricted number. With no software needed, TrapCall can be working within a few seconds. All you’re going to have to do is download their app on the Android Marketplace, BlackBerry App World or iTunes. The great thing about is that is works with almost any phone on the market.
Apps Available on
The great thing about TrapCall is that is can do more than just unblock your calls. Depending on the plan that you choose, listed below are a few other things that the app can offer:
- Blacklist: Have you ever received a ton of calls that you didn’t want? Add that number to the blacklist, and you will never hear from that number again. Even if they try to block their number, it won’t show up since TrapCall will unblock call ID.
- Call Recording: Answer any incoming call, and you can hit the record button to record your conversations. In order toreach these recorded calls, you will have to log into your account on the TrapCall website.
- Voicemail: For every voicemail that you receive, TrapCall can transcribe it for you. They can send the text to youthrough a text message or email.
With no commitments required, you will be asked to sign up for a monthly account, and you’re free to cancel anytime. The pricing plans are noted below:
- Bug Trap ($4.95/mo): Includes caller ID unmasking and a blacklist only.
- Mouse Trap ($9.95/mo): Includes caller ID unmasking, a blacklist, ten voicemail transcriptions, call alerts and the name and address of the caller ID calling.
- Bear Trap: The most power plan, this plan is going to include unlimited transcriptions, recording options and the features mouse trap has to offer.
Who It’s For
This service is great for those who receive a lot of calls from blocked numbers or people harass you. There’s probably a good chance that you have received a lot of calls from salespeople that just won’t leave you alone. Even if you tell them no, they still call.
The great thing about this app is that it’s very affordable, it can get the job done and you never have to hear from someone harasses you again. And the best thing about it? You will always know who is calling you since the software will unblock the call ID. That way, every time you pick up the phone, you won’t be in for a surprise.
For more information, check out their website here.