The results are in for the latest JD Power & Associates “Wireless Purchase Experience Study Volume 1”. This survey covers purchasing a wireless phone. Results for JD Power & Associates most recent study on customer service, saw Virgin Mobile USA, also a Sprint brand, get top honors.
Thursday’s news is that Sprint and their prepaid brand Boost Mobile are at the top of the purchasing survey. This survey ranks all of the major carriers, both post and prepaid, in six areas: sales staff, phone reps, website, price and promotion, cost of service and store facility.
More after the break
This is the second period in a row that Sprint has received the top honor in this study. This is accredited mostly to their “Ready Now” initiative where Sprint employees activate and set up the customers phone, show them how to do basic functions, ask the customer what functions they want to know how to do, and show them.
According to JD Power & Associates Sprint customers all benefit from the following:
- Integrated sales channels giving customers the ability to shop for select phones online and pick-up in store.
Read more: Sprint and Its No-Contract Brand Boost Mobile Ranked Highest Among Full-Service and Non-Contract Providers in J.D. Power a – FierceWireless https://www.fiercewireless.com/press-releases/sprint-and-its-no-contract-brand-boost-mobile-ranked-highest-among-full-ser#ixzz1mbmbtA9O
- Locate a store on Sprint.com and make an appointment online to visit their store of choice and receive Ready Now service.
- Launched the ability for customers who buy Sprint products through telesales or the Web to return them to any company-owned store, making it easier and more convenient for customers. It also reduces the risk of buying the wrong phone.
- Tools that better enable Sprint retail store employees to ensure new customers understand the features of their device and how they will be billed right at the point-of-sale.
- Ability to return the device within 14-days for a refund of the purchase price with the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee.
- In-store full-service triage and repair to reduce the need to send phones out for repair. iPhones are not included in this service. iPhones can be sent to Apple Care for repair.
On the prepaid side, Boost Mobile, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprint, won the same award. Boost Mobile has a plan where if their customers pay on time every month, their bill is reduced by $5 every six months. Boost customers can continue to receive the $5 reduction every six payments until their bill is just $35 dollars.
“We are honored to be recognized by our postpaid and no-contract customers in the J.D. Power and Associates study,” said Jaime Jones, senior vice president-Consumer Sales, Sprint. “Sprint is committed to providing our customers outstanding service, innovative programs and great value to meet all their wireless needs.”
Source: Sprint via Fierce