Verizon Wireless is preparing a pretty thorugh software update for the HTC Rezound. Unfortunately it’s not an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich just yet, but an update is an update. Verizon Wireless has posted the update document that usually signals the update is right around the corner.
According to the PDF the update addresses or fixes:
- Screen Timeout issues while connected to Wifi have been resolved.
- Resolved issue with Mobile Hotspot data stalling while multiple users are connected.
- Improved audio quality during voice call.
- Reduced forced closures related to the People application.
- Improved device stability reduces continuous resets.
- Resolved issue with Task Manager stopping Mail background service.
This update is also expected to fix a signal strength meter error.
Unlike the HTC phones on Sprint, Verizon Wireless was not using CarrierIQ so this update was not meant to remove that from the Rezound.
All in all since the release of the Rezound it’s been pretty smooth sailing. The device came out on time by an Android fans standards and is doing a great job of pulling it’s weight on the ever so expanding 4G/LTE network.
source: VZW via Androidcentral