Although it was leaked weeks ago, Motorola and Verizon Wireless announced the new Droid 4 for Verizon Wireless’ 4G/LTE network while at CES.
The Droid 4 will feature a 1.2 ghz dual core processor, 1gb of RAM, and a five row edge lit keyboard with a “PC like” layout. The display is a 4.0 inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass, similar to the display found on the Motorola Droid Razr.
More after the break
The camera on the rear is 8 mega pixels with 1080p HD recording. It also supports mirror mode via HDMI so that what you see on the phone’ screen can be directly displayed on a larger video screen.
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
- MotoCast for remote streaming of photos, videos, music, documents, presentations and more from home or office computers
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Water-repellent nanocoating for splash resistance
- 16 GB on-board memory (actual formatted capacity is less); Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Business Ready with government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access