Released last year in time for Halloween, Trick Or Trackr is an app that allows parents to keep track of their children during Halloween night, and of course any other time of the year. This year, the release of Trick Or Trackr 2.0 adds some of Iconosys’ top safety apps into Trick or Trackr.
Trick Or Trackr 2.0 features Iconosys’ Guards Up, Latchkey Kid and Tether Together apps. Trick or Trackr installs on both the parents and the childs phones allowing the parent to keep tabs on the child. Parents can locate their child on demand or at set intervals. Since Trick or Trackr 2.0 is a two way app, children can locate their parents and send a distress signal to them. If the child sends a distress alert to their parents the parent will receive an alert with the child’s exact GPS location.
More after the break
With Guards Up and Latchkey Kid parents get extra functionality. Latchkey Kid sends an alert to parents when their child gets to the location designated as home. Guards up sends an alert to the parent when the child goes outside a designated area.
The CEO of Iconosys and inventor of Trick or Trackr said
“Kids are highly vulnerable even in large groups when they trick-or-treat.” Irving went on to observe, “It’s nighttime, kids are going door-to-door taking gifts from mostly people they don’t know, they are in costume/disguised, and their parents may be miles away. Trick or Tracker® can help give parents peace of mind without sacrificing any of the Halloween holiday fun.”
The robust Trick or Trackr 2 features:
- With the app, parents can locate their trick-or-treater with the touch of a single button on their Smartphone for ultimate convenience.
- The App installs easily on both the parent’s phone and the child’s phone (note — if the child is too young to use a Smartphone, Iconosys believes that they are probably too young to trick-or-treat without being accompanied by a parent or guardian in any event).
- Using Iconosys’ Tether Together™ technology, the app triggers a message to be sent to the child’s phone with the help of a special secret pin; the pin is picked up by the child’s phone, engages the child’s phone to collect GPS coordinates and responds to the parent with the exact physical location of the child.
- The child’s phone has special “Where Am I?”, “Send Location”, and “Where’s My Parent?” buttons, and the parent’s phone has a corresponding “Where’s My Child?” button.
- Trick or Tracker® can also be programmed to automatically send out updates of physical locations, in pre-set intervals, from the child’s phone to the parent’s phone. Additionally, the parent can set up their own “Geo-Fence” and “Location Triggers” to notify the parent if their child is traveling outside an allowable area, or has reached a pre-set destination, such as “home from school.”
- Only the child’s phone must be an Android OS phone. For the parent, any Google maps-loaded phone (including iPhone, Blackberry, or Windows Phone 7) will work using a simple manual process. However, for best results we recommend that both the parent and the child user should be on Android OS phones.
- The app also has a very handy flashlight feature that illuminates the phone screen, casting a ray of light on a child’s path and allowing them to travel more safely in the dark or into their treat bag as they sneak a quick treat along their journey. This flashlight feature is available in white, as well as in several glow-stick colors and patterns (orange, pink, blue, red, and green).