Verizon keeps having these huge days for 4G/LTE rollout. Second behind them with 4G deployment has actually been T-Mobile. Sprint’s 4G/WiMax deployment is at a stand still and has been since the first of the year. AT&T has started offering LTE quietly in 5 markets with more planned for next year.
Tomorrow (September 15th) is another one of those big days for Verizon Wireless and 4G/LTE. They are adding 26 more markets to their 4G/LTE network. As our friends at Phonedog remind us, Verizon is known for throwing the LTE switch on a day or two early so if you have a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE phone and live in any of the 26 markets below, check your 4G/LTE status right now, you could have it already.
The markets lighting up Thursday are below the break:
- Fort Smith and Jonesboro, Ark.
- San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Daytona, Fla.
- Bloomington, Champaign/Urbana, Rockford and Springfield, Ill.
- The Quad Cities, Ill./Iowa
- Iowa City, Iowa
- Shreveport, La.
- Kalamazoo and Saginaw, Mich.
- Reno, Nev.
- Las Cruces, N.M.
- Fargo, N.D.
- Canton, Lima and Mansfield, Ohio
- Dyersburg, Tenn.
- The Tri-Cities, Tenn./Va.
- Austin, Beaumont/Port Arthur, Wichita Falls and El Paso, Texas
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Indianapolis, Ind.
- Cleveland/Akron, Ohio
Source: Verizon via Phonedoggydogg