Hopefully this won’t be one of those cases where tomorrow we need to backtrack because something went wrong with an update. T-Mobile is reporting, via their support forum pages, that the upgrade for the HTC Sensation 4G to Android 2.3.4 is ready.
T-Mobile is rolling this update out over the air in small portions so that they can gauge how well it takes by the masses. They say there’s no way to tell when you will get it for sure but it started rolling out today (Thursday) and could take until late September to finish up. The update is software version 1.45.531.1 and upgrades the Sensation 4G to Android 2.3.4.
More after the break
According to T-Mobile you can expect the following features and improvements:
- Software stability
- Improved battery life
- Improvements to Trace dictionary
- Improvements to screen responsiveness
- Improvements to video playback
- Improvements regarding device reboot / power off
- Improvements to icon pixilation
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connection
- Improvements to screen/photo resolution
To perform this update follow these instructions:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 2.3.4 / software version 1.45.531.1.
It should be as easy as that. Good luck and we hope you get it soon.