Last week an alleged Samsung road map was leaked on the interwebs. Most outlets quickly picked it up and reported it as fact. Samsung Mobile quickly turned around and denied everything on it. Most of the websites and their readers felt certain that Samsung was just trying to hush the rumors and the leaked road map was official. Well, if this latest leak is true than the original road map is official.
The roadmap shows a very aggressive rollout of phones but as Samsung’s PR honcho Kim Titus told us in New York back in June Samsung releases a new phone (including feature phones, basic phones, message phones and smartphones) globally about every 6 days. So let’s dive into this bad boy after the break shall we…
Here is the alleged Samsung Mobile Road Map with dates. As Phandroid’s Chris Chavez points out the dates are actually in weeks of the year and it’s currently week 33.
- GT-I8150 (W40) Android 2.3.3, 3.7-inch 480×800 display, HSDPA network support, 4GB of memory, 1.4GHz processor, 5 megapixel camera with 720p HD recording.
- GT-B5510 (W41) Android 2.2.2 smartphone with 2.8-inch display, 800MHz processor, QWERTY keyboard, 3MP camera.
- GT-S5360 (W42) Android 2.3.3, 3-inch screen with 240×320 resolution, 2MP camera.
- GT-S5610 (W42) Android 2.3.3, 2.4-inch 320×240 display, 5MP camera, 150 MB of internal memory and support for HSDPA networks.
- GT-I9220 (W43) Android 2.3.3, 4.3-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, 1.4Ghz dual-core processor and 8MP camera.
- P6200 (W44) Honeycomb tablet with 7-inch 1024×600 Super AMOLED display, HSDPA support, 3MP rear camera, 2MP front facing.
- P6210 (W44) Honeycomb tablet, 7-inch 1024×600 Super AMOLED display, WiFi, 3MP rear camera, 2MP front facing.
- GT-I9210 (W48) Android 2.3.3, 4.5-inch 480×800 Super AMOLED display, supports 4G networks, 16 GB of memory, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and front facing 2MP, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n and 1750 mAh battery.
- GT-I9250 (W48) Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.65-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, 5MP camera.
Of course that last entry looks a lot like the Nexus Prime. That puts the Nexus Prime and whatever GT-I9210 is coming out for Black Friday. Also if this schedule is to be believed it’s looking like at the tail end of October we’ll be bracing for phase II of the 7″ Galaxy Tab, which we think will be announced on September 1st in Berlin Germany at IFA.