Sometimes I really feel for AT&T; they are taking a beating over the Iphone 4 issues and we still for the life of us can’t figure out why they restrict their Android devices, wait take that back, they gave an answer on that which actually made sense… Accountability…
AT&T; sometimes reminds me of the kid sitting in the dunking booth at the fair. I’m sure many readers went to fairs and festivals this holiday weekend, well let’s put the ball down for a second and report…
AT&T; was named one of the 40 best companies for diversity by Black Enterprise Magazine. In addition to Black Enterprise Magazine’s honor, this year they’ve also been named:
- No. 3 among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity for commitment to diversity in the workplace and marketplace.
- No. 2 among DiversityInc’s Top 10 Companies for African-Americans for long-term commitment to hiring, retaining, compensating and promoting African Americans.
- No. 1 among DiversityBusiness.com’s Top Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities for the consistency and quality of business opportunities granted to minority- and women-owned companies.
- Among America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises by the Women’s Business National Enterprise Council (WBENC).
- No. 2 among the 50 Best Companies for Latinas to Work For in the U.S. by LATINA Style.
- Among the Top 50 Companies for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE).
- Among the Top 5 Most Inclusive Fortune 100 Companies for Hispanics as determined by the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR).
Now I’ll tell you this, it’s been my experience among the AT&T; retail employees that I personally know at various core stores across the country, that they seem actually pretty happy. I don’t think I’ve ever walked into an AT&T; Core Store and heard employees company bashing, and you know that happens in many many places. So they’ve got the diversity thing down in the work place and albeit a bit restrictive, in their device offerings as well.
Good Job AT&T;