With the recent success of the high flying tech companies, you may be wondering how you can get in on the fun.
Recent Tech Success Stories
Consider these success stories as inspiration. All you need is one great (or viral) idea, and you might have yourself a hit.
- Flappy Bird game app made $50,000 a day with its in-game ads
- ViralNova attracts 100 million visitors a month within eight months of the site launching
- Snapchat reportedly turned down a $3 billion offer from Facebook
- Facebook then went on to acquire another messaging service WhatsApp for $16 billion
- if a site about cats can raise $30 million, you can too…
In this section, we will show you how to get involved in tech, from making a mobile website to creating an app.
The cheapest and easiest way to get started in tech is to start with a website. All you need is a domain and web hosting, then add consistent and quality contents. Your persistence and hard work will eventually payoff. Check out our tutorial on how to create a mobile website.
Check our the video below for step-by-step instructions to create a simple website.
What you learned from the video:
- How to sign up for web hosting, we suggest Bluehost because of reliability and cost
- Select a domain name, ideally a brandable name (Bluehost will cover the cost of the domain for the first year)
- How to install WordPress and start creating content for your first website
In our next video, we will show you how to change the WordPress theme and create your first post. Then we will follow up with another video show you how to make sure your website is mobile friendly, and ultimately making a mobile website.
To stay in touch with us and get the latest update on our tutorials and case studies, be sure to join our newsletter to follow us.