- Learn how to troubleshoot #Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (#S6EdgePlus) edge screen that doesn’t display information stream for missed calls and text messages.
- What to do if the S Voice app keeps turning off itself after several hours or days since it’s enabled.
- How to troubleshoot a third-party app that causes issues with the firmware and can’t be uninstalled.
- What to do with the error message “Unfortunately, People Edge has stopped” that occurred after Marshmallow update.
- How to troubleshoot an app that started to crash and black out after the recent Marshmallow update.
- Learn what you need to do if the night clock won’t function like it was when the phone was running Lollipop.
- What you need to do if Facebook, Viber and other apps start crashing and stop working out of the blue.
- User reported that Pandora stopped working after Marshmallow update but worked perfectly fine with Lollipop.
- Galaxy S6 Edge Plus’ edge screen handle disappeared, here’s what you need to do.
Below are some of the app problems we received from our readers who own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus including issues with the Edge screen and S Voice. Since the phone was released last year, there have been a lot of complaints we received related to apps regardless whether they’re pre-installed or third-party.
Browse through the list of app problems below to see if your concern is among the ones I addressed. There were already a lot of post we published before that deal with issues like this so try to visit our troubleshooting page to read about them. Feel free to use the solutions and troubleshooting procedures we suggested in our previous posts.
For those who need further assistance of have different issues, you can always ask for our help by completing our Android problems questionnaire and hitting submit once you’re done. Make sure you provide us with all necessary information about your phone and your problem so we can help you better.
Q: “The edge information stream for missed calls and text messages doesn’t display it had been working . When you swipe the edge it says cannot display stream. All the other streams there are no issues and I can’t uninstall it because it is stock. And I don’t want to implement a factory default help me please.”
A: This is a bug in the system itself and yes a reset might be able to fix it, however, I understand why you’re hesitant to do that. This issue has already been addressed with Marshmallow so if you haven’t installed it yet, try to. If, however, you didn’t get the notification for an update or if there’s no available update for your phone, then you have no other option but to do the master reset. Try to backup your data first before the reset:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
- After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
Q: “Hi, my question is I set everything up for my voice commands on my s voice, and either hours or days later I say “hey galaxy” and nothing. Then I go check my s voice app and it’s OFF. I’ll turn it back on, and the same thing. A few days later, it’s off. I don’t get it, why won’t it stay on?”
A: If this problem has started to occur just recently of after an update, then it must have something to do with corrupt cache. In this case, all you need to do is wipe the cache partition:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If this won’t do, then go inside the S Voice settings and choose Reset S Voice.
Q: “I did an update on tunein radio pro version 15, after started acting weird, I uninstalled it, but in the application manager list still showing, I clicked on the upper right menu and clicked on uninstall for all users, also I tried to do this on safe mode and no luck. Another issue that may be related is the stock keyboard keeps closing when I am typing.”
A: Third party apps can be uninstalled at will but it seems your phone is having an issue with that one specific app. I think it’s time you did reset your phone to delete everything that’s related to the app you’re having issues with.
Q: “Hi. After updating my S6 Edge Plus (SM-G9287) to Android (6.0.1), People Edge stopped working and every time I try to add contacts I get (Unfortunately, People edge has stopped). I did the factory data reset and wiped cache partition but still the message shows up. Please help me to fix it .”
A: It appears like the firmware you just installed has issues; either it was corrupt or has glitches and bugs affecting the Edge feature. There’s nothing you can do on your end to fix this, you need to contact your provider so their technician will check it for you. Re-installing the update may fix this problem but then again, you need their help to do that for warranty sake. If, however, you are knowledgeable enough to flash a firmware, then download that exact same firmware and install it on your phone using the Odin and a computer.
Q: “Autocab drivers app is crashing or the screen is partially or fully going black. Even after logging off. Have tried everything from factory reset to uninstalling and reinstalling the app.”
A: If you recently updated your phone to the latest Android version, then the problem is that the app is not compatible with the new firmware. In this case, there’s nothing you can do to fix the problem except report the problem to the developer so the app will be updated soon. However, if the problem occurred without any firmware updates, then it might be just a simple app crash tied to a firmware issue. That said, you need to do the master reset instead of just the usual factory reset. Please follow instructions in the first problem.
Q: “I have enabled the edge night clock feature and set the on/off time to be between 11.30pm and 6.45am. Recently when I wake up at, say, 6.30am I would find the time showing on the night clock to be, say, 3.10am, i.e. for some reasons the clock stopped running in the middle of the night.
The night clock worked well with no glitches when my phone was on Android 5. This problem only appeared after my recent update of the OS from Android 5 (the original factory standard) to Android 6.01, and it happens quite often.”
A: This is one of those times when an update actually messes up your phone rather than fix the problem. Try to see if wiping the cache partition will make a difference. If not, then master reset is necessary to find out if the new firmware has a bug affecting the night clock and if so, there’s nothing you can do about it but wait for the next update and hope Samsung will address the issue the soonest time possible.
Q: “Facebook, viber all other apps are crashing. not working. not getting messages in viber. Can’t see new things in Facebook. Other apps not working correctly. Tried reset factory settings, reinstall everything, clean all data, cache, force stop. It helps only for couple hours. Please help what to do.”
A: Well, in that case, the problem must be with your internet connection. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, then try to reboot your phone modem or router and make sure you get an active and stable connection. If you’re connected via mobile data, contact your provider and seek assistance from them as they have control over this thing. If you’ve verified you have a stable internet connection, then it must be a hardware problem. Send your phone in for repair already as you’ve already done those troubleshooting procedures.
Q: “Pandora worked fine on Lollipop. However, after Marshmallow update, music will not play. It just says “buffering”. Also can’t play music directly from Google store. Tried uninstall, reinstall, wipe cache, no success. Please help if possible. Thank you!”
A: Just like the previous problem, it might be a network connection issue. Verify you have an active and stable internet connection and see if that helps. If not, then it’s better you downgrade your firmware as the one you currently have might have some issues. Or, you may try re-installing the current firmware using Odin and a computer.
Q: “I cannot locate the device’s edge screen handle where its supposed to be at the top right corner. also missing are the app’s edge and people’s edge. basically the edge screen is invisible to me and am not sure how to restore it.”
A: Must be a glitch. Try to see if reboot can fix the problem. If the handle is still missing after the reboot, then try wiping the cache partition and if that failed too, do the master reset.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.