The problems I addressed in this post were reported by Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (#Samsung #GalaxyNote5) owners, which include unsuccessful syncing of Facebook contacts, missing Snapchat filters and other camera options, the error 505 while trying to install or update apps from the Play Store, and more. While not common, there’s always a possibility you will encounter one or two if you’re an owner of an #Android phone.
Read on to know how to tackle them. If you are trying to find a solution to a different problem, visit our Note 5 troubleshooting page for it contains hundreds of issues we already addressed. Look for issues that are same as yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they won’t work for you, then fill up this form to contact us.
Here’s the list of the problems covered in this post…
- Facebook not syncing contacts with Note 5
- Snapchat filters & other settings hidden
- Note 5 shows “widget already added” error
- Note 5 gets Play Store error code 505
- Note 5 keeps hanging and crashing
Problem: Facebook app refuses to sync contacts. When show only Facebook contacts is selected under Contact options, no contacts are listed even though sync contacts is turned on in Accounts setting.
Related Problem: Hi guys, thanks for all the awesome tips you leave on drippler app all the time. My issue is with Facebook being able to sync my contacts, I’ve gone through the steps that was listed in this today’s drippler but I still can’t get my Facebook to sync with my contacts. Please help.
Troubleshooting: I have several Android phones and I really tried to replicate your problem but was unsuccessful because all of them were able to sync my Facebook contacts and any other contacts from different online accounts. That left me thinking maybe there’s something you haven’t done correctly. Here’s the checklist on how to make sure your contacts will be synced properly with your phone:
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Setup your Facebook account on your Note 5.
- In Facebook account settings, make sure “Sync contacts” option is enabled.
- Try tapping the Click now button to see if the phone manually syncs with your account.
After all these and the problem remained, try uninstalling the Facebook app and reinstall it back and follow the same process. If the syncing was still unsuccessful, then there’s a possibility that it’s an issue with the firmware. Try to find out if there’s an available update for your phone and download it.
Now, if you were able to sync your FB contacts before and this problem just came out of nowhere or after an update, I suggest you wipe the cache partition of your phone so it will be forced to create new cache files:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If you don’t mind taking the time to backup all your data just to make the syncing successful, then proceed with the master reset.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
- After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
If all else fails, then don’t dwell so much on the problem. As a workaround, try downloading the Sync.me app as it does a wonderful job in syncing your accounts with your phone.
Problem: Hi, my Galaxy Note 5 is giving me problems with Snapchat because when I record a video the filters, fast forward and slow motion do not appear. My friend who has another android phone entered with her account on my phone and she could not use the filters and new updates either. She said it was a problem of my phone.
Troubleshooting: The Snapchat also access the phone’s camera services. Try to check if the native camera app functions well because if so, then the problem is with Snapchat not your phone. The best thing to do for now is clear the cache and data of the app:
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘APPLICATIONS,’ then tap Application manager.
- Swipe right to the ALL screen.
- Scroll to and Snapchat.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data, then OK.
If the problem remains, uninstall it and then download a fresh copy from the Play Store. If the same thing happens, then contact the developer of the app.
Problem: I would like to know why can’t you add more clock-weather widgets to other home screens on the Note 5? When I try to do so, I receive an error stating, “this widget has already been added to the home screen.”
Troubleshooting: Have you tried adding other widgets aside from those clock widgets? If you can add other widgets successfully, then the problem is with the widget you’re trying to add. The immediate fix is to clear the cache and the data of the app that handles the widget or you can uninstall it and download a new copy from the Play Store.
Problem: A lot of games are giving an error code 505 when trying to install. Modern combat 5, order and chaos, asphalt nitro, etc. I have read that a factory reset will most likely fix this, but I have done so, and no luck whatsoever. Thx in advance for the help u can provide me.
Troubleshooting: It’s basically a compatibility problem and yes, a factory reset may fix it but I suggest you do the master reset instead so the data partition will be reformatted to get rid of all third-party data. Once finished, do not use the backup to “restore” your apps, rather, install a fresh copy from the Play Store and use your account to restore your data or progress. If the problem persists, then the firmware needs to be reinstalled.
Problem: My Note 5 is new and I just installed some apps I think useful for me and my job. However, the device started to hang at one point leaving me unable to do something for a few minutes then it was back to normal. After that, it suddenly went dead and I had to turn it back on. It keeps happening now and I’m very frustrated because I paid a lot of money for this junk. Can this be fixed?
Troubleshooting: Based on your description, I think the problem can be attributed to one or some of the apps you installed. First, boot your phone in safe mode to isolate the problem. If a third-party app is causing this problem, then the phone should be able to operated normally without hanging or crashing, otherwise, some data may have been corrupted and you need to reset the device for it to work normally again.
How to boot Note 5 in safe mode
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge’ appears, immediately release the Power key and then press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Continue holding the Volume Down button until the phone finishes the restart.
- When you see Safe Mode on the lower left corner of the screen, release the button.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. We support every Android device available and we are serious in what we do. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.