This content highlights data management tips that will help you secure all significant contents on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (#Samsung #GalaxyNote5) using a security tool referred to as the Samsung KNOX. Read on to learn how to keep all your sensitive files in your phone safe from any unauthorized access.
We’ve heard of online fraud and identity theft, otherwise, known as “iJacking.” It’s one of the prevalent cybercrimes to date in which key pieces of personal information like Social Security, account numbers, etc. are being stolen and then used by the thief to illegally obtain credits, merchandises, and services in the name of the person whose identity has been stolen. Of course, you don’t want any of these to happen to you as well, right? Here’s what you can do to evade from these hazards and ensure your data stays protected.
- Set up KNOX and keep all Sensitive Information in a Secured Location
- How to activate and use Samsung KNOX on your Galaxy Note 5
- Use Find My Phone to locate lost Note 5 and secure personal data in it
Your Galaxy Note 5 sports two versions of Samsung KNOX namely the KNOX Active Protection and My KNOX. Samsung KNOX Active Protection is a built in feature of the device and it’s out of the box. My KNOX on the other hand is an application that is designed with simple and fast setup. Both are intended to further protect sensitive personal and work data on your device.
With Samsung KNOX you can secure versions of applications to help you keep your work and personal information segregated. Everything you do from within KNOX will be untraceable in your outside applications. It’s therefore recommended to create an independent email that is generally linked to your work or Samsung account that will be used only in KNOX. Doing so will likewise keep you from constantly switching in and out of the app.
Follow these steps to activate and use this security tool on your new Note device:
- Tap Play Store from the Home screen to get started.
- Tap the Search Bar.
- Key in Samsung KNOX.
- Tap the Search icon to initiate searching of the app from the Play Store.
- Tap to select Samsung KNOX from the list.
- Tap Install.
- Proceed by tapping Accept from the dialog box that displays.
- When prompted to the Home screen, tap My KNOX to launch the app.
- Tap Get Started to continue with the KNOX set up on your device.
- Tap to mark the checkbox besides ‘I agree to all of the terms above.’
- Tap Next to proceed.
- Tap to select the email address you preferred to use.
- If you haven’t yet set up an email address or would opt to use a different email account, tap the option to Add
- Now, tap to select the app(s) you want to add into My KNOX.
- When you’re done with your selection, tap Next to proceed.
- Enter a PIN and then tap Continue.
- The PIN must be comprised of at least 8 numbers.
- Enter the PIN again to confirm.
- Tap OK.
- When prompted with the My KNOX screen, tap Set Up.
- Wait until the setup process is completed.
- After the setup is done, tap My KNOX from the Home screen. You should then see the available apps in Samsung KNOX. To open the app, simply tap its icon.
All applications and utility services that reside in the KNOX secure container run in a unique environment segregated from everything that occurs on the default phone.
Another tool you can use to ensure all data stored in your device are protected from any unauthorized access in whatever circumstances (like when the phone is lost or stolen). It’s Samsung’s very own tracking service, designed to simplify search for lost Android phones including the new Galaxy Note 5.
Aside from finding the location of your lost or stolen device, you can also use Find My Mobile to keep your personal data secured. Find My Phone is now made simple as a web query. This means you can just key in “Find My Mobile” in the Google search box and then proceed with finding the location of your phone.
Read on to learn how it works.
- You need to register your Samsung account on the device you are using in order to use Find My Mobile to locate your lost phone.
- Your device must be connected to the Internet in order to use this phone tracking service.
Here’s how to set and enable Find My Mobile tool on your Galaxy Note 5:
- Swipe down from the top of the Home screen to begin.
- On the next screen, tap the Settings icon located on the upper-right corner of the screen, next to EDIT menu.
- Scroll to and tap to select Accounts from the Settings menu options.
- Next, tap Add account.
- Tap Samsung Account to proceed.
- On the next screen, tap Sign In.
- Now enter the email address that is associated with your Samsung account and then tap Next to continue.
- Enter the correct password and then tap Sign In.
- To ensure you’re typing in the correct characters, tap the Show password
- Tap the Arrow back beside Accounts.
- Scroll down and tap to select Lock screen and security under Personal menu.
- Tap Find My Mobile.
- When prompted enter the correct password for your Samsung account and then tap Confirm to proceed.
- Toggle the switches next to Remote Controls and Google Location Service to enable these features on your phone.
Note: You need to enable these features beforehand so you can track or locate your device whenever you have to using Find My Mobile service.
If the Remote controls menu is enabled and the device is online, then you can use the Find My Phone to start tracing your lost device.
- Now, open a web browser and navigate to findmymobile.samsung.com.
- Enter the email address associated with your Samsung account into the Email field provided, and then click Password to enter the password.
- Click the Sign In button.
- All devices that are registered to your Samsung account will be shown under Registered Just select the device on which you want to use the service and check its status.
- Select any from the available actions including Locate my device, Ring my device, Enable Emergency mode, and Ultra power saving mode.
- Choosing the option to Ring my device will ring your lost phone for a minute at the highest volume regardless of your phone’s sound and vibration settings. This option is best if you suspect the device is just resting somewhere nearby.
To proceed with this guide, select the option to ‘Locate my device.’
- Wait until the current location of your phone is shown on the map.
For more accurate results, it is recommended to opt for the Use Wireless Networks option, as your location search method. So you may consider heading back to your phone Settings and make sure this option is selected.
Connect with Us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. We support every Android device available and we are serious in what we do. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.