The Sony Xperia Z2 and the Xperia Z3 were launched within a matter of 6-months in 2014 as part of Sony’s somewhat shambolic mobile industry plans. The two flagships are now receiving Android 5.1 officially, beginning with the unlocked variants out in the wild.
As for other Sony flagships, the company has promised to send out an update over the coming weeks. This should include the likes of the Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact as well as the large sized Xperia Z Ultra.
Quite a few features are bundled with Android 5.1 for the Xperia Z2 and Z3, which the company has detailed in a list:
- Increased customisation options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
Already seeing the update on your Xperia Z2 or the Z3? Make sure you drop your thoughts below.