Welcome dear readers. We hope this post can help you with your Samsung Galaxy S5 issues.
If you have other concerns regarding your Samsung Galaxy S5, don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can. We will appreciate it very much if you can provide as many details as possible. If you are getting error messages on the screen, or have observed unusual phone behaviors, kindly include them in your email. The more information you can provide, the easier for us to assist you.
Ok Google issue in Samsung Galaxy S5
Problem: Hello. I’ve been having issues with my phone for some time now. The phone was constantly freezing previously in apps and I did a reboot. It worked well for a few months. Now, the new issues are as follows. When I press the home button it opens up a new Ok Google search page. This happens the majority of the time. Rarely does it ever bring me back to the home screen. Tonight it stopped sending texts for a good 4 hours. I had to power down and even when it came back up it was taking minutes to send a text. It’s better now. I don’t know if I should do another reboot or what my next step is. Any help would be appreciated! — Jdevendorf17
Troubleshooting: Hi Jdevendorf17. A simple reboot in this case won’t help because we think the problem is with the phone’s cache. Please delete the cache partition of your Samsung Galaxy S5 by following the steps below. This solution has proven effective with many of our readers having the same exact issue so we hope this works for you as well.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously.
- Once the phone vibrates once, release the Power button but keep holding the two other ones.
- Wait until the boot menu appears.
- Using the Volume buttons, highlight Wipe Cache Partition option and select it using the Power button.
- Wait for the process to complete and once the boot menu re-appears, select Reboot System Now option.
- Wait for the phone to reboot and you’re done.
Samsung Galaxy S5 screen mirroring issue “Unable to start screen mirroring because of a hardware issue” error
Problem: I have a Verizon S5, SM-G 900V running Android 5.0 and I cannot use the screen mirroring function to mirror to my Samsung Smart TV. The error message is “Unable to start screen mirroring because of a hardware issue.” It has worked in the past. I have tried to download the ES File Explorer, but I am unable to root the device and edit the code to add the line: wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable which is the only solution I’ve been able to find online. I am unable to turn on the Root access. Any idea how to get this function to work on my device? Thank you. — Jann
Troubleshooting: Hi Jann. Instead of a manual configuration of the root file, you can download the ScreenMirroring Patch from Google Play Store for a fix. Using this patch has worked with other Android device users in the past so we hope this rectifies your own problem as well.
Let us know though if the patch won’t work with your S5.
Another suggested troubleshooting step from Samsung is deleting the cache partition. Might as well try that before you download the patch.
Questions from a former iPhone user regarding Samsung Galaxy S5
Problem: I’m sorry for my frustration but I wish I would have stuck with my iPhone right about now. I bought 2 new Galaxy S5’s last Thursday and have issue after issue ever since.
- Not getting all texts and not all my texts aren’t being received with other Galaxy user. Sometimes later in the day the text will show up. Hours later.
- Can’t save images from Google. The hold press option isn’t working on either phone. Cleared Chrome cache & data, still nothing.
- Contacts only allow one number and one email per contact. Is this standard?
- I’m unable to share posts on Facebook with someone via Facebook Messenger. Option doesn’t show anymore when you click share button.
- When entering comments in Facebook, I have no emoji options. I like to be animated in my responses 🙁 Even now there’s no option to use sad face emoji.
- iPhone has a feature that when you text with someone there’s a details section and you can see every picture you have sent to that person in past. Is there anything like that for Galaxy?
- Supposed to be able to attach 10 pictures at a time in a text. Can only attach 2 or 3 before getting message saying too large of file.
- First couple of days I had full bars, now I never have 4, usually 3 or 4 if I’m lucky.
- Keyboard icon continues to pop up in top right corner to choose input method. Why?
- Battery usage was awesome first couple of days, now losing battery very quickly.
Should I just return this phone? Did I get a dud? Any info you can provide is appreciated! Thank you so much! — Kim
Troubleshooting: Hi Kim. We will answer each of your questions in numbered sequence. As an overview, some of these concerns can best be resolved by your service provider while most are phone-specific capabilities and limitations. We are aware that some of the expectations from your previous Apple experience has been carried over to Android. The two platforms are distinctly unique in their own way though. We hope that by answering your questions, you can appreciate Android environment more.
- Not getting all texts and not all my texts aren’t being received with other Galaxy user. Sometimes later in the day the text will show up. Hours later. This concern as well as numbers 7 and 8 are issues that must be resolved by your service provider. Please call them and ask for first hand support because they may have some on-going network issues at the moment.
- Can’t save images from Google. The hold press option isn’t working on either phone. Cleared Chrome cache & data, still nothing. As far as we know, Google Chrome did not change its way how users can save photos to their mobiles. The method is the same for all Android devices. A good example on how it’s done is shown in this video. If you are unable to do this on Chrome, try to re-install the app or use another browser like Mozilla Firefox for Android or the stock web browser.
- Contacts only allow one number and one email per contact. Is this standard? No. You can add as many phone numbers and email addresses under a contact by simply pressing the green “+” beside each one.
- I’m unable to share posts on Facebook with someone via Facebook Messenger. Option doesn’t show anymore when you click share button. Facebook Messenger has been changed to function only as a messaging platform so if you want to post, please use the main Facebook app.
- When entering comments in Facebook, I have no emoji options. I like to be animated in my responses 🙁 Even now there’s no option to use sad face emoji. After selecting a contact to send a message to in your Facebook Messenger, you can tap the smiley icon at the bottom for more stickers, or you can tap on the More menu (the one with a 3-dotted line) so you can install more stickers or sets of emojis.
- iPhone has a feature that when you text with someone there’s a details section and you can see every picture you have sent to that person in past. Is there anything like that for Galaxy? If you are using the stock Android messaging app, the only way to locate the pictures you sent to a contact in the past is by manually checking the sent messages.
- Supposed to be able to attach 10 pictures at a time in a text. Can only attach 2 or 3 before getting message saying too large of file. This limitation is set by your service provider. Please contact them for more information.
- First couple of days I had full bars, now I never have 4, usually 3 or 4 if I’m lucky. Same with number 7. Please contact your service provider to get first hand support. There may be an ongoing network problem causing it, or your place may well be outside their reliable signal coverage area.
- Keyboard icon continues to pop up in top right corner to choose input method. Why? You can access the Android keyboard settings by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Look for Language & Input and tap it.
- Look for Current Keyboard option and tap it. We suggest that you play around with the settings and choose the input method you want.
10. Battery usage was awesome first couple of days, now losing battery very quickly. This issue can be caused by a wide range of possible causes. Please visit our tutorial on how to save give more life to your Samsung Galaxy S5 battery.
Samsung Galaxy S5 screen flickering after an update
Problem: After my phone updated itself, my screen keeps flashing on and off every 10 seconds. I don’t know how to get it to stop this. It’s draining my battery and even does it when I’m talking on the phone so my face touches all the buttons when I’m talking. Any help please?? Thank you. — Marisa
Troubleshooting: Hi Marisa. We haven’t heard of any other case similar to your case. We don’t think an Android update can break the display. We suggest that you boot the phone in Safe mode and observe. If nothing happens, perform a factory reset.
You can also consider bringing the phone to a local electronics shop and have the display checked for errors. Alternatively, you can call Samsung or your service provider for a replacement.
Samsung Galaxy S5 auto rotate stops working
Problem: My Samsung Galaxy S5 screen doesn’t rotate for anything anymore? What could be the problem? I’m with T-Mobile. — TenneChristian
Troubleshooting: Hi TenneChristian. This problem can either be caused by a software glitch or a hardware failure. First, we want to identify if there’s a software side to this problem. To do that, you need to do the following:
- Clear the cache partition.
- Boot the phone in Safe mode.
- Perform a factory reset.
If these steps won’t help, you want to do a self test to check the functionality of your device’s gyroscope, the hardware responsible for detecting the orientation of your phone. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Pull up the phone’s dialer.
- Dial “*#0*#” (without the quotation marks). This will pull up the service menu.
- Tap on Sensor.
- Put your phone on a level surface like the floor or table.
- Tap on Self test button below Gyroscope Settings and wait.
- If you see the word “PASS” on test result page, that means your hardware should be working correctly. Otherwise, please call your service provider and ask for a replacement phone.
How to change the font size in alarm app in Samsung Galaxy S5
Problem: Hi. After I updated my phone last week to 5.0, I was having a difficult time reading the clock/alarm times and even whether or not my email was marked as read or unread. I was able to uninstall Gmail updates so there is now a clear difference with bold/black unread email and gray read email.
Is there any way I can change the font or uninstall updates to the built-in clock app? I don’t really want to install a 3rd party app, but if it helps me see better I will.
I’d really like to tell the programmers/graphic designers/marketing personnel at Google that they need to consider options for people with vision problems. Thanks. — Dave
Troubleshooting: Hi Dave. We don’t there is something a user can do to change the font size in your stock alarm clock app. We recommend that you try third party alarm apps instead. We’re pretty sure there a lot of options you can go through in Google Play Store.
As regards removing or uninstalling your alarm clock update, you can try these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to, then tap Application manager.
- Scroll to the All tab.
- Scroll to, then tap the alarm app.
- Look for the button to uninstall the updates.
- If prompted, tap OK.
How to change the home screen on a Samsung Galaxy S5
Problem: Hello Droid Guy! I recently received the Lollipop update. (I have the Samsung S5, Verizon phone). I don’t have any problems or issues – just a question on one of the new features of the update. When I unlock my phone, it now displays the keypad in order to dial a phone number. Is there a way to change this? I would just like it to display the main screen (home screen), like it did before. Thanks. — Jenifer
Troubleshooting: Hi Jenifer. Please check this YouTube video for easier instructions on how to specify your home screen.
Performance issues after updating a Samsung Galaxy S5 to Lollipop
Problem: Hi. Got a Samsung Galaxy S5 about 3 months ago did the latest update as the phone was asking but as soon as I did it the phone is ever so slow, can not turn on, Internet outside my Wi-Fi is a problem, texting and sending text or changing pages the phone is just so slow. Touching the phone screen for widget etc is basically the same. I have been told it common issue with the update of the software on s5?? Can you help?
Troubleshooting: Hi. Many users have encountered performance issues after their Samsung Galaxy S5 phones installed the new Android 5.0 operating system. Fortunately, there are effective solutions in place to negate these issues easily. Your first task is to clear the phone’s cache partition to erase unwanted cache that may be clogging the system. Afterwards, try performing a factory reset to ensure that the phone runs a clean version of Android Lollipop. These solutions should bring the functions of your device to their normal state.
C2Cam app issue on Samsung Galaxy S5
Problem: Good afternoon. I want to start by saying that I LOVE my Galaxy! I was a Blackberry, then iPhone girl for many, many years. This year, I decided that I didn’t want to pay 1G for another piece of poo Apple iPhone. I was tired of the broken screens and paying so much money for stuff! So I switched.
Anyhow, my issue is when I am listening to my C2Cam app, and I take a turn on words with friends or play Angry Birds, when it cuts to the stupid ads, it stops my C2Cam. It exits completely where I have to find the stream or the pod cast that I was listening to and find out where I was in the program). After the ad is done, it automatically starts playing the first song that I paid for on “play” in the app with the orange headphones. Happens everytime. Any advice on how to fix it? I have Nova as my platform and Zedge for my ringtones. Thank You in advance for the help. — Patricia
Troubleshooting: Hi Patricia. Because you only have an issue with one app, what you can do is to delete its cache and if necessary, it’s data too. Clearing an app’s cache means your phone will have to delete and replace the existing system files needed to it quickly with a new one. Sometimes, app cache can get corrupted creating problems. Now if clearing the app’s cache won’t help, you can also delete the app’s data. Doing so is like re-installing the app, which means you will have to go through the customizations again, including signing back in (if necessary).
Here are the steps to delete your app’s cache and data:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to, then tap Application manager.
- Scroll to the All tab.
- Scroll to, then tap the desired app.
- Look for the button to clear the cache and delete data.
- If prompted, tap OK.
Remember, if these steps won’t work, there’s also a possibility that this is an emerging issue for this particular app. It would be good if you can contact the developer of this app to let them know about the problem.
Music app search on Samsung Galaxy S5 not working properly
Problem: Hello. I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5. I think this problem is not common because I couldn’t find anything online about this. After the Lollipop update, the search function in the Music app does not work correctly. When I attempted to search an artist name, the search result came up as “No results found” but I know for sure I have a song saved under that name because when I searched through the artists tab, I found the name. This only happens to certain artists and songs. It may be because I saved all my songs on the SD card. The problematic files were saved on the SD card before the update and the others were downloaded after the update. Is there a way to fix this? I tried restarting my phone but it didn’t work. Thank you for your help in advance! — JangSuah
Troubleshooting: Hi JangSuah. We are yet to receive similar reports so we frankly do not have an idea if this is an isolated case or an on-going problem with other devices. Anyhow, please do the generic software troubleshooting steps we always recommend like clearing the app’s cache and data. You may also want to uninstall the app’s updates if this available so you can isolate if the new version is the only one having this trouble.
How to remove the ugly music album cover in Samsung Galaxy S5 while in lockscreen
Problem: Hey guys! Since updating my S5 to Lollipop, the album art display on the lockscreen is doing something weird. Any time I have something playing on my phone, whether it’s Spotify, Google Play, YouTube, HBO Go, etc., the album art or picture displayed on the lockscreen gets crammed to fit the dimensions of the screen.
It used to just show what I would call a cropped or zoomed in version of album art. I know it’s not a serious issue, but it does annoy me to look at after a while. I’ve attached some screen captures to show what it’s doing exactly. I’ve searched all over the Internet and only have found one other person who’s having this issue and can’t find a solution. I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks! — Jordan
Troubleshooting: Hi Jordan. We don’t think there’s something that we do about this issue right now as it appears you’re not the only one complaining about it. It appears that the new stock music app fails to render the format of album covers correctly while on lock screen. A friend has suggested using a third party app called Rocket Player if you want to get rid of the ugly album cover when the phone is in lock screen. Rocket Player has an option to disable the album cover picture while the phone’s screen is locked so it may help you in this regard.
Connect with us
We are among the very few people who offer free Android support online and we are serious about it. If you happen to have an issue you want to share, kindly ensure to provide details of the problem as well as a short background or the things you were doing prior to noticing it. Feel free to contact us regarding your concerns, questions and problems. If you are getting error messages on the screen, or have observed unusual phone behaviors, kindly include them in your email. The more information you can provide, the easier for us to assist you.You may reach us at email@example.com or post on our Facebook and Google+ pages.