Acer has just launched the Iconia Tab 10 for Education with an asking price of just $299. As the name aptly puts it, the tablet is targeted towards educational institutions and will be available for purchase in the U.S. and Europe starting next month. In European markets the pricing of the tablet has been set at €299.
Acer has joined the Google Education ecosystem to ensure that educational institutions get more out of this new device. Here are a few important points mentioned by Acer in the press release:
- Acer is working with Google to join the Google Education ecosystem, bringing accessible technology and richer resources to classrooms.
- Equipped with NFC for setup and sharing capabilities; set up a whole classroom of tablets in minutes.
- Durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 panel with reinforced mechanical design to withstand daily classroom use.
- Crisp Full HD 10.1-inch Display with Zero Air Gap technology for better sunlight visibility, ideal for learning anywhere.
- Acer Precision Plus for greater accuracy for writing, sketching.
- Powered by an Intel® Atom™ processer, the tablet offers long battery life and performance to meet students’ demanding needs.
The Iconia Tab 10 comes with a 10.1 inch 1920 x 1200 resolution display, 2GB of RAM, 16/32/64GB of storage options, an Intel Atom processor and Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Via: Android Central