Monument Valley by Ustwo is one of the most popular Indie games to hit mobile app hubs in recent memory. And quite aptly, the game has now received the “Grand Prix” prize for the best mobile game of 2014 at the 11th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards.
It’s no surprise that Monument Valley took home the honors amidst 1,000 other applicants. I’ve personally been a fan of the game and so have millions of others casual mobile gamers. There has been some criticism about the game for its lack of enough levels, but the Forgotten Shores add-on solved that to a great extent.
There were several other games which received mention during the awards.
- Excellence in Innovation — Bounden
- Best Quickplay Game — Crossy Road
- Guilty Pleasure — 2048
- Best Meaningful Play — Papers, Please
- Excellence in Storytelling — 80 Days
- Excellence in Gameplay — Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Best Technical Achievement — Vainglory
- Excellence in Audio Visual Art & Design — Tengami
- Best Multiplayer Game — Soccer Physics
- Best Upcoming Game — Prune
- Honorable Mention — Threes!
- People’s Choice — Vainglory
Do you think any other game deserved to be on the list? Let us know in the comments below.
Via: Android Central