Android 5.0 Lollipop has been out since last November and more apps are being updated to support the OS. Now HTC’s Zoe app has been updated and also brings a few new features to the table.
With Lollipop support, the app now runs on devices that run the OS, including HTC’s own Nexus 9 and their other HTC One phones. And, of course, on other non-HTC devices as well such as the Nexus 6.
For features, there is a new highlight engine powering the app, which brings new themes, effects, and transitions to the service. Higher-quality video is now supported, along with the ability to download those videos to your own device. The discovery field has had some minor tweaks as well, but is largely the same. Here are the release notes:
- Entirely new highlight engine enabling new themes, effects and transitions, higher quality video, and much more.
- Download and save your own high-definition Zoes to your device.
- Revamped Discovery Feed delivering popular local content.
- Support for Android 5.0 Lollipop, as well as Nexus 6 (phone) and Nexus 9 (tablet) devices.
- Performance enhancements and stability fixes.
So if you have a device with Lollipop and want to create and share Zoes, now you can.