Given the sour relationship between OnePlus and Cyanogen, it was long expected of OnePlus to develop its own ROM for the One smartphone. This ROM has now come closer to reality with the manufacturer rolling out an Alpha build based on Android 5.0. The company makes it very clear that the ROM is not suitable for use on a daily driver, with some very obvious issues said to be bundled with the ROM, so download it only to satisfy your curiosity.
Here are some of the issues cited by OnePlus:
- Data roaming is on by default. Make sure to turn if off to avoid potential charges.
- As always, flashing a custom ROM incurs the risk of bricking your phone. Make sure you know what you’re doing and backup everything.
- Camera and video may be unstable. This build supports 4k video, however quality may be low as we are still fine-tuning the camera.
- Capacitive keys do not turn off when you enable software keys.
- Clock crashes periodically.
- If using the new app pinning feature in L, make sure to turn on the software keys first. Otherwise, you will have to reboot your machine.
- On first boot, startup time will be a bit slow. Rest assured we will speed things up in the future.
- Wi-Fi may be unstable.
- This build is not elegible for OTA updates.
With the Alpha build going live now, we should expect a slightly better Beta version to break cover soon and a stable release to follow shortly after. OnePlus has been kind enough to post a video showing the functioning of this ROM. It must be noted that all your data will be wiped from the device, so make sure you have a backup beforehand.
Source: OnePlus Forums